Anterior placenta??

Yay :) I've also heard the placenta can shift as the uterus grows? ( not actually detach and move but shift) is this true? So I could be anterior now but as I grow bigger it could move to fundal or maybe the sides? x

Nothing to feel worried about, I'm sure I had anterior placenta and did feel movements quite late, after 25 weeks I think but after that I felt him all the time :)

And yes it can move as the uterus grows x

I didn't feel my little guy until 21 weeks. Not sure why they said it could cause problems???

The only thing is if you need to have a c section they need to know as they will have to cut through placenta.

The only things that AP can complicate are when you feel movement, the way baby faces during labor (ideally they like them facing your spine, but the baby could face front first and still be deliverable vaginally), and if baby is breech you cannot have an external version to move to head down with AP as it may damage your placenta. Basically, not really any different.

I noticed on my notes it says I have an anterior placenta which I believe is infront of baby? I've heard that people wont be able to feel it kick and that it can cause problems. I'm really happy about my scan but worried now about this..

With my first two children, I had an anterior placenta. It did take a bit longer to feel movement, and it interfered with getting really awesome 4D ultrasound images. Other than that, I had no problems whatsoever. :)

Thanks for your input ladies :) Do you know if I would be able to hear baby on a Doppler now? I'm thinking of getting one but concerned that I won't be able to hear nothing :( also how does anterior placenta effect an emergency c section? x

I had an anterior placenta with my daughter. I didn't feel her kick til I was about 19/20 weeks and not properly/consistent until I was 24+ weeks. It's hard when people are going on about feeling kicks and things and makes you worry a bit but everything was fine :)

Just know you'll need to be patient about feeling movement but otherwise you'll be fine

:flow:

I had anterior with my daughter and felt her fine low down from 10 weeks on. One of my twins also had anterior but I couldn't feel a thing through his placenta. At times I could feel him with my hand on the outside but not a thing inside.

I had anterior with my daughter and felt her fine low down from 10 weeks on. One of my twins also had anterior but I couldn't feel a thing through his placenta. At times I could feel him with my hand on the outside but not a thing inside.

Wow 10 weeks! That is early i can't feel anything yet and I don't have a Doppler I can only rely on seeing baby kicking around on scans x

Hey Hun !! Had my nt scan today was measuring nearly a week ahead but there not changing me as Iam ivf !!! So know pretty much when everything happend !!

I also hVe an anterior placenta ! Again !!

I have now read it can cause a rare condition if you have had a section before it grows into scar but very rare and it can cause excess bleeding during section !

My daughter I had anterior placenta and I had an emergency section and they were shocked at how little I bleed ! So I wouldn't worry hunnie only worry if it's low lying or placenta prévia sweetie xxx

Hey Hun !! Had my nt scan today was measuring nearly a week ahead but there not changing me as Iam ivf !!! So know pretty much when everything happend !!

I also hVe an anterior placenta ! Again !!

I have now read it can cause a rare condition if you have had a section before it grows into scar but very rare and it can cause excess bleeding during section !

My daughter I had anterior placenta and I had an emergency section and they were shocked at how little I bleed ! So I wouldn't worry hunnie only worry if it's low lying or placenta prévia sweetie xxx

Aw that's great to hear baby is measuring ahead! :D so happy for you

Thanks for the info, I think I'll have a natural birth if all goes to plan but I don't feel so worried now that I know that it isn't a problem with c section or very rare xxx

Thanks!!! Wish she would off changed my due date though wish I never told the sonographer it was ivf haha !!!

Yeah don't worry hunnie. :) am not too worried and I have had a previous section ! I would off been worried if it was low lying etc xxx

Thanks!!! Wish she would off changed my due date though wish I never told the sonographer it was ivf haha !!!

Yeah don't worry hunnie. :) am not too worried and I have had a previous section ! I would off been worried if it was low lying etc xxx

I'm pretty sure on my dates too, although it wasn't ivf so I can't be 100% but baby just seems to be long. Maybe to do with OH is around 6'4 lol! Still it's good that your bubs is measuring ahead shows they're growing and healthy :) xxx

Yeah my hubby is 6"7 and am nearly 6ft too My daughter is very tall too !!

From my scan though I think am having a boy looks really masculine lol

Yeah better too be measuring ahead than behind :) xxx

Yeah my hubby is 6"7 and am nearly 6ft too My daughter is very tall too !!

From my scan though I think am having a boy looks really masculine lol

Yeah better too be measuring ahead than behind :) xxx

Haha wow! I'm kinda average at 5'6 :)
I think my scan looks boyish too. I'm hoping for a boy but a girl would also be great! I posted in gender predictions and got 7 boy guesses and 1 girl guess lol. Of course it's probably too early to tell but it's fun and that is very true! xxx

Yeah am a lanky ass lol !! Used too look like a boy no boobs haha very skinny but now since Lillah more curvy and have b cup boobs finally haha!!! 2 stone heavier though hahah!!!!

Already put on 2 kg this trimester argh !!! And am sick daily !!! Haha wth all that about !!

I would prefer a girl only because I already have a girl and it's nice too have 2 off the same sex !!!

But a boy will be lovely too very different though I would have too adjust hahax

Yeah am a lanky ass lol !! Used too look like a boy no boobs haha very skinny but now since Lillah more curvy and have b cup boobs finally haha!!! 2 stone heavier though hahah!!!!

Already put on 2 kg this trimester argh !!! And am sick daily !!! Haha wth all that about !!

I would prefer a girl only because I already have a girl and it's nice too have 2 off the same sex !!!

But a boy will be lovely too very different though I would have too adjust hahax

Hehe I'm quite lanky as I'm tall but also too curvy for my liking I'm already a 32g cup before pregnancy I'll tip over I think I'm the only one who isn't welcoming bigger boobs! Lmao I'm sure I've gained quite a bit, now that ms is wearing off a bit I'm eating like a pig!! Literally craving all the wrong foods :/ I'll have to reign myself in I think..

Aw bless it would be nice for your LO to have a baby sister hehe. This is my first so I don't think I'll be too worried what the gender is :) OH wants a boy though so he can play video games with him :D xx

Doppler with AP may not work, when I was nearly 15 weeks they couldn't get a heartbeat through the placenta. I had just had a scan, so all was well. It is your choice to buy one, but it can cause some anxiety if you can't find the baby.

Doppler with AP may not work, when I was nearly 15 weeks they couldn't get a heartbeat through the placenta. I had just had a scan, so all was well. It is your choice to buy one, but it can cause some anxiety if you can't find the baby.

Maybe I'll think twice about getting a Doppler then I don't want to stress over not being able to find baby's HB.. Just out of curiosity when did you feel your baby first move? X

I hve an anterior placenta and did with my daughter. Even now I sometimes cant find the heartbeat. All I hear is placenta noise lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->