Anterior placenta?

laura_2010

Reaction score
Hi,
Just had my 21 weeks scan everything fine and shes growing perfect, smaller head but in normal range. ( All my Babies have been the same as none over 6lb 10oz)
But I did say is my placenta Anterior as Im not feeling as much as I did with my others, I mean the kicks are there and punches and moves but not full on.... and yes its different this time around.. Is there any problems with this?
Thank you xxx

You should experience any problems. I believe the kicks just won't be as strong and you might feel them later. I had an anterior with my first and now again with this one so I have nothing to compare it too. With my first I didn't feel her kick till I was 23 weeks, my other half didn't feel her till 24-25 weeks. This one I started feeling flutters quite early (13 weeks) feeling proper kicks at 19 weeks, I'm now 21 weeks but my other half hasn't felt her yet. With my first I would have quiet days so spent a lot of time at the hospital being monitored cause I couldn't feel her move. It's abit of pain when you establish a pattern then that pattern changes cause they have changed position so the placenta is taking the kicks.

Nah you'll be fine. Mine was anterior but mines moved up now apparently.

I'm anterior too, wasn't on my first. Can feel kicks low down but nothing high up x

I have an anterior placenta with this baby too. I am not worried. I too feel little kicks but nothing that strong as my other babies. I think you should be just fine:)

Having an anterior placenta just means that the placenta is located on the front of your uterus so you may not feel movement as much or as strongly because the placenta blocks out most of the movement, that's all. It won't affect labor or delivery. A lot of ladies with anterior placentas don't feel their babies until 24 weeks so that fact that you're feeling something is awesome, even if it is low down. I have a lower anterior placenta and I only feel movement on the sides and at the top near my belly button.

Thank you, total new this was.... I was thinking maybe it was a problem but she didn't say if it was high or low il look in my notes it's seems common then... xxxx

I've one too and it's just an annoying thing to have but no danger at all in labor or delivery. My doctor didn't even flinch she just said oh you may just not feel as much movement until later on.

I have Anterior aswell but its moved right up high now, i feel pokes & kicks & everything :)

Mine was much lower very early on but all good now, you'll be fine hun

My first was anterior and I felt her about 23-24 weeks, my second had a posterior placenta and I felt her at 14 weeks and this one is anterior again and I've been feeling movement only recently and my husband only felt a kick after my scan (I think baby moved). But it isn't a problem. :thumbup:

I had an anterior placenta with my first baby. I was actually not able to feel full baby kicks on the outside. I gave birth to my daughter at 27 weeks so I have no idea if it would have gotten better later in the pregnancy. I'm really hoping I don't have an anterior placenta this time around.

This is my first and the placenta is fully anterior. I didn't feel her at all until 21 weeks. At this point I can usually feel her when I lay down and tune in. For the most part the kicks feel deep inside.

Doctors don't worry at all about anterior placenta. It's safe for you and the baby. Just cushions how much movement you feel.

I had an anterior with my 2nd. Movement was definitely not as strong feeling as with my first. Obviously could still feel my son moving around, but kicks towards the placenta and movement felt from the outside weren't as strong.

Anywho... nothing wrong with having an anterior placenta. It just cushions the movement of the baby :)

I just found out Wednesday that I have an anterior placenta as well. I mentioned that I've been feeling movement but never very high always low and now it makes more sense. It's good to know that it doesn't mean anything health or growth wise but still wish I could feel babes more.

I had an anterior placenta and the only issue was that I didn't feel movements as strong in the beginning.

Thank you all im feeling total normal now with you all saying Thank you... She has been moving more now :haha: xxx

Hi Thank you, 27 weeks Wow bet she was tiny, I had twins at 34 weeks and one of mine was 3lb and she was dinky, did your waters go ( if you dont mind me asking ) xxx

Hi Thank you, 27 weeks Wow bet she was tiny, I had twins at 34 weeks and one of mine was 3lb and she was dinky, did your waters go ( if you dont mind me asking ) xxx

Not at first, I started out with contractions for about 3 days before I went to the ER to see what was going on. I was not dilated at the time they were about to send me home butt my OB suggested that I go to L&D. By the time I got there which only took 30 minutes I was already 3 centimeters dilated. I'm sure you know all about the magnesium and the IV's and the steroids they did all of that. My water didn't actually break until I was about 10 centimeters and ready to push. My baby girl was 2lbs 8.4oz at birth. Not too much smaller than your sweet peanut.

The strangest part for me was seeing full-term babies compared to my preemie. I got so used to her small size from visiting her in the NICU that when I saw a term baby who was actually not a big baby, they still looked huge in comparison.

Aww scary time then... mine where a planed c sec due to pre clampsia but still scary not knowing what was going to happen twin 2 was a boy and he was 5lb 1oz so bigger but still small little man :) he had breathing problems but they both stayed in until 41 weeks and I stayed a week which was horrible not having them beside me.. bur all OK now there just turn 4 on valentines day :) xxx thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->