Anterior placenta

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Had a scan today due to the fact that I haven't found baby on the Doppler for 5+ days and found I had an anterior placenta, which I guess is why I can ALWAYS hear placental noises but no baby. Baby looked great on the scan (massive relief!) the tec noted that baby was breech but I know that there is soooo long for him to turn, so I'm not worried (although I keep having dreams of being told I need a c-sec due to a breech baby so who knows!)

When do other ladies with an anterior placenta start feeling movement?

i have anterior placenta too, and this is my first.

I think around the 16 week mark i started feeling tiny little bubbly feelings, but really could not tell if it was baby or digestion feelings...

even now, it's not much different, im still not always sure if it's him or not, im looking forward to feeling him properly. I normally find after i have dinner in the evening i feel him, and sometimes when i get up during the night to pee.

I'm 20+4 with anterior placenta and I'm still not properly feeling baby. I've got bubble movements I think every now and again, but nothing I've been able to say that's definitely baby yet. The ultrasound lady said it probably won't be until week 24.

I hadron anterior placenta last time and this time it was about 20 with the first a bit earlier with the second and can feel a lot more with the second with my first I was forever being monitored due to lack of movement but he was just fine I just couldn't feel him much

I have an anterior placenta and was feeling bits and bobs very lightly around 16 week-ish. Very on and off, even until recently. It's literally been the last few days where movement is more obvious and regular, and this is my fourth baby. Other people can just about feel baby now if they feel at the right moment. I tend to find baby easy enough on Doppler but there's a lot of other noise there too, and if I try when I am bloated or have a very full bladder it can be hard to distinguish baby from the other noises xxxxxxx

I had an anterior placenta with this pregnancy. I felt some small movements very early on, but they weren't regular (this is my 3rd baby, though, and I felt the other two early as well). At 16 weeks I was feeling some movements at least once a day. The movements were still small, but I could count on feeling *something* daily. After that, I did have a few days where I got worried because I couldn't feel her move as much, and at 17 weeks my midwife had a tricky time finding her heartbeat with the doppler. She had found it easily at 12 weeks, but the baby had moved out of my pelvis after that and... and had more room to dance around and escape in my belly area. Lol

The midwife suggested that the sporadic movements may have something to do with an anterior placenta. I'd never had one before, so this was all new to me. At my 19-week scan they discovered that I did have an anterior placenta. I was still feeling movements, though... I would just feel them around the area that the placenta took up, instead of right in front. I had another scan at 23 weeks and they didn't mention the placenta. By 24 weeks I was noticing that I felt movements all over (not just the bottom and sides of my belly like before). At my 25 week appointment, I mentioned to my midwife that the baby must be getting stronger because I could feel her even in front through the placenta now... And she said that, according to my paperwork, my last ultrasound showed I no longer had an anterior placenta. Go figure! Apparently my placenta had moved up into a fundal position (top of the uterus) and that's why the movements suddenly felt stronger. So weird!

At any rate, I'm almost 26 weeks now and the baby was kicking super hard yesterday. She was popping my hands up as I rested them on the top of my belly. LOL. I think it varies so much for everyone, though. There are some women who (even with placentas not in the anterior position) don't feel much from their babies until like 24 weeks.

I had an anterior placenta last time & have it again now. Last time I felt baby from 15 weeks & husband felt her at 20 weeks. This time I think I felt baby at 11 weeks, but maybe I'm imagining it. I feel the odd little movement occasionally but always to the side, not the in the middle at the front.

I have an anterior placenta and I only feel the occational kick, very low down. I hope I start to feel more soon!

I have an anterior placenta and still don't feel regular movements at 24 weeks. I feel him now and again, but can go almost the whole day without feeling a thing. I've had lots of scans so I know he is moving about in there plenty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->