Anterior placenta

pink_bow

Mummy
Reaction score
Hello
So at my gender scan last weekend I found out that I have an anterior placenta. I’ve never had this in previous pregnancies and I’m a little worried about movements. 18 weeks now and only felt the odd kick.

Those who have one or had one before, when did you feel movement? Were/are you able to see a pattern?

Thank you :)

I had an anterior placenta with my 2nd and it didn’t cause any problems with noticing a pattern and feeling movement in general but it was about 20 weeks before I could feel proper movement

I have anterior with our bumblebee. Dont worry you will be booted in other areas including placenta. Ull feel him or her fine. Im plus size as well and i have no problem feeling ours.

Thank you both. Think I’m panicking as with my second I was feeling her so much by now. But saying that, this little man is really lazy going by our scans!

i had an anterior placenta both previous pregnancies. It was probably 21-22 weeks when I felt movements that I was sure were movements but much earlier the second time. As for movement patterns, I didn’t feel my babies much when I was moving, but as soon as I laid down I felt them. Nearing the end of my second pregnancy however I did end up at L&D because I hadn’t felt movements for a long time... he was fine, though... I just wasn’t feeling anything.

Thank you both. Think I’m panicking as with my second I was feeling her so much by now. But saying that, this little man is really lazy going by our scans!
Lol he's just taking his time mum. Pls keep us updated. Hugs!

I have an anterior placenta, also 18 weeks, and haven't felt anything yet. The midwife assured me I would, but it would just be later than others.

I have one and it's not really effected movement I felt more 19-20 wks I'm 23wks tomorrow I can really feel my baby girl kick and move around, play some dance music on your phone and rest it on your tummy. I can see movement through my tummy now it's brilliant. Just be patient xx

hey I have second or third anterior placenta now, finding I can feel brief tickly fluttering movements if I lay on my tummy at night or if lower tummy is otherwise compressed ie when mw did a hb check pressing the thing it into my tummy yesterday I felt babies tickly movemens right at the end. maybe you will when tummy has pressure on it. with ds3s anterior placenta it took ages to feel very little movement and he was a healthy bub just takes some getting used to especially if you've like me had non anteriors before you know what it can feel like when placenta is elsewhere :flower:

I have one this pregnancy and my Dr. said that they were surprised the ultrasound person even mentioned it. It didn't have any effect on my feeling movements. They said that they usually don't even worry about where the placenta is unless it looks like it might be blocking the cervix. I felt movements exactly like I did with my first daughter (who had a posterior placenta) and I was feeling them since about 16 weeks. My OB was saying that placentas basically can grown any old place, most women have no idea about the position because there is no need to mention them during most ultrasounds.

I had an anterior placenta with my son and I didn’t feel movement until 21 weeks started as flutters and by 25 weeks it was full on kicks. I had a few scares when I rushed into triage because I couldn’t feel him moving but all was fine, the placenta was just cushioning the kicks. This time I have a posterior placenta and wow the difference is unreal!! I have felt flutters from 14 weeks getting stronger now and feeling kicks and rolls at 17 weeks. I just seen my midwife today and she told me I will probably see so much difference between the two pregnancies. Don’t worry though you should be able to see a pattern soon, they say you should count kicks from 28 weeks and if you are ever in doubt about reduced movement get yourself checked out.

I think I am now onto my 2nd anterior placenta and frankly I’m pretty pissed off about it.
It’s not necessarily the movement or lack of that bothers me, you will feel your baby move no matter what. For me I am scared that it will make baby back to back again like my son was.

Same as most everyone else - I have an anterior placenta and trust me, you'll feel those big movements still!
I was worried because I felt my others move so early on, and at 18 weeks I still wasn't feeling Baby really give me those kicks I remembered.
Now here I am, 28 weeks, unable to sleep at night because he's moving around in there SO MUCH ALL THE TIME

You'll get there <3

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to feeling kicks very soon!

I think I am now onto my 2nd anterior placenta and frankly I’m pretty pissed off about it.
It’s not necessarily the movement or lack of that bothers me, you will feel your baby move no matter what. For me I am scared that it will make baby back to back again like my son was.

I just had to make a funny to lighten the mood- my second was SIDEWAYS. Not face up or face down but seriously sideways. Her head was facing my right leg and we couldn't turn her. She was fully engaged and it was too late. That was rough. :haha:

I can't imagine back to back is much better though. :hugs:

If I rest on my side of tummy I get kicked out the way, wait for a good kick in the bladder when u need a wee ha ha. Swear mine know when it's meal time as im at the cooked sorting toast or something and she kicks like mad loves her food. She's kicking as we speak. U will deff feel your baby soon z

I had one previous pregnancy and think I’ve got another this time round. Will find out at 20 weeks.
Last time I still felt movement but not until around 20 weeks, it wasn’t hard kicks more like nudges and wobbles xx

I did in my previous pregnancy and I barely felt movements till 3rd timester. Even when I would be hooked up to the monitor they would say oh wow hes moving like crazy and I would say seriously? I feel nothing.

I found out I have an anterior placenta too. I don't think it's reduced my sensation of movement too much. I tend to feel kicks/movement around the edges of my belly, rather than directly central which I assume is because of the placenta. Probably around 20 weeks I was feeling very regular movement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->