* Anthony James Has Arrived! mixedbeautyx birth story *

mixedbeautyx

Reaction score
saturday august 19th started contractions around 11pm that woke me up out of my sleep i wasn't timing them i just kept waking up in pain .. then around 2am they were getting worse and i just couldn't get back to sleep. i started timing the contractions at 230am and after an hour (330am) realized they were 10 mins apart lasting about a minute long. a week prior i had what i now know was definitely false labor because these contractions were excruciating! i could not talk through them when they came just kept tensing up with each contraction and making oooo pains. i decided to wait another hour (430am) which was before calling in because i wanted to make sure it was the real thing. in between i took a shower and went to the bathroom where i saw a little bit of brown. so when i called my my dr i had told her contractions were on a pain scale 9/10 now coming every 7 minutes still lasting about an hour. she said she would page the dr and call me back. she called back in 20 mins and told me they wanted me to come in. so we packed up the hospital bag, last minutes i know :dohh: and got to the hospital at 530am.

so i was checked once i got in and my BP was extremely high and i was 3cm dilated, last thursday at my dr appts i was 1cm so had made some progress. they decided to keep my because of my bp so we were transfered into the delivery room. im going to speed this story up now and timing will be a bit off.. :coffee:..

i was contracting still about every 7 minutes and was rechecked at 9am, i was now 4.5 cm .. contractions were getting more painful so i decided it was time for an epi. i had the epi put in and felt some relief after about an hour or so realized it had only numb my left side! :wacko: so i was feeling pains constantly in my right..i was again rechecked id say about 11am and was still 4.5/5 cm. basically after re dosing the epi several times they decided to redo it. this happened because i have slight scoliosis so it was more difficult to do correctly. so once they did it right the second time all was seemingly well. i was rechecked at i'd say 1pm ish and i was now 6cm. so i thought wow i wont be 10cm for quite some time. so we just waited:coffee:..

SUDDENLY i felt as if i were feeling the baby down in my vagina. i felt lots of pressure in my vagina and back area. i thought it was normal.. i waited about 30 minutes to say anything to my nurse, then i pushed the button and said "i really think i feel the baby coming" it was like i felt i need to push! she came in checked me and sure enough he was "right there" as she said. within 20 minutes i was pushing him out. it went so quick honestly it all happened so fast. i went from 6cm to pushing him all within about an hour.

the gist of the story his heartbeat dropped and i was told to push hard and he needed to be suctioned (i knew none of this until after he came!) and all within 16 minutes of pushing and being vaccummed my little boy was born at 2:36pm on August 20th weighing 7lbs 4oz. :kiss: ..he looks just like his daddy! :cloud9:

all in all, id say my labor and delivery process was pretty good. it was painful but not as bad as i thought.. even though i had the epi i felt the pressure of pushing him towards the end i got emotional and cried because i felt like giving up (yes, within 16 mins lol) it was hard work for sure! i also felt alot of pressure was on me to get him out quick even though i didnt know what was happening it was kind of like i spaced out. i was just told to push and push hard so i was determined and felt it was up to me to get my baby out safely as quickly as possible. i did tear a she said on the scale of 1-4 was a 2. he is so amazing, rarely cries unless hes cold or wants mommy to hold him lol.

https://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/ttag0511/003.jpg 1 day old

https://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/ttag0511/008.jpg 2 days old

https://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/ttag0511/009.jpg 2 days old

So happy for you!! Cant believe we have our babies. Congrats:)

Aw, what a cutie! Once again, huge congrats to you and your family!

congratulations mixedbeauty, he is absolutely gorgeous :) thanks for sharing too :flower:

I remember seeing your name in the third tri forum! Congrats and well done, he is a real cutie. Thank you for sharing your story xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->