Anti natal class

jw1555

Reaction score
So I have my first anti natal class tomorrow evening. What do they actually do there?! All I can picture is the scenes from the movies when they teach you how to breath in labour!

That's basically it!
At mine when I was pregnant with my daughter they did some group activities, seated men from women for some activities so everybody could interact. Discussed labour, pain relief, benefits of breastfeeding etc. My oh found it more beneficial than I did and actually asked me to breastfeed our daughter purely based on the information given at the first antenatal class as he had been against the idea before. Enjoy it!

Thanks hun! Sounds interesting and informative which is good as I was getting slightly scared about not really knowing much about anything!

Haha you'll be fine! Be sure to ask about anything your still unsure/worried about as the chances are that someone else is worried/curious about the same thing xx

I have my first class tomorrow evening too :) I'm having twins and want to do this as naturally as possible (both are still head down today confirmed by OB yay!) so we're still on for natural delivery. I know some things i can't have already (my water birth went out the window!) but the longer i can put off the epidural they would really like me to have (in case of baby B suddenly turning or going into distress) the better, scary and exciting that it's come to this time already :)

I have my first class tomorrow evening too :) I'm having twins and want to do this as naturally as possible (both are still head down today confirmed by OB yay!) so we're still on for natural delivery. I know some things i can't have already (my water birth went out the window!) but the longer i can put off the epidural they would really like me to have (in case of baby B suddenly turning or going into distress) the better, scary and exciting that it's come to this time already :)

Ahh twins!! How lovely! Hope your class goes well tomorrow! I am looking forward to finding out abit more info. My water Birth idea also went out the window due to strep B and now GD! Just waiting on hearing when I will be induced now as midwife needs to monitor my blood sugar before she makes that decisions, it has suddenly become so real and scary but at the same time exciting, the time seems to have just flown by all of a sudden!

I really enjoyed my prenatal classes! Very informative and the two nurses teaching the class were lighthearted, funny and compassionate. I definitely think it helped prepare dh and I the first time around and I'm very glad we went. Hope you have a good experience too and have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->