Anti sickness tablets?

pookied

Mum to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
My doctor prescribed me Meclizine hyrdochride as my sickness Was in HG stage. Has anyone else felt super drowsy on them. Apart from drowsiness they have stopped my sickness altogether.

I was prescribed zofran with my other two and it made me pretty tired i remember. :flower:

I have been suffering from terrible nausea (but no vomiting) - my doc had prescribed me ASIC which is a form of antihistamine according to him.

I take 1 at night (he said to take 2 but the one helps me just fine!) It has helped my nausea tremendously!!! Only thing is it absolutely drains me of all energy. I have literally had to stay in bed until 5pm on a few occasions.

To answer your question, I asked my sister who is a paediatrician about the tiredness on these tablets, and she told me that a common side effect could be drowsiness or fatigue. How severe prob depends on dosage and the individual.

On another note, I missed taking the darn little nausea pill one night, and I was up early with a normal amount of energy but felt absolutely like I wanted to puke my guts out! TMI sorry. So I took the pill in the afternoon and got relief after a little while, but started to fall asleep on the couch lol

We can't win either way it seems with these third trimester blues - just gotta wait it out I guess!

I was prescribed zofran with my other two and it made me pretty tired i remember. :flower:

Hey Rizzo! On a totally unrelated topic ( sorry OP :flower:) I see we may have the exact same due date!

I think it was Avomine that I took last pregnancy and I remember it made me sleepy.

I had some prescribed to me at five weeks pregnant and I took them for one day and stopped taking them as i was so so tired, I couldn't get up for work and literally slept a whole weekend away...they made me exhausted!!

I was on cyclizine, that knocked me out on 1 a day and I was prescribed 3 a day! It stopped working and now I'm on prochlaperazine which does cause drowsiness and Metoclopramide which isn't as bad thankfully!
Hope you're better soon xx

I am on Diclectin and they make me tired although it was forewarned to me. I would rather be tired then nauseous and vomiting all over

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->