Antibiotics and the pill?

Brosey

Reaction score
I posted this in here, because technically me and OH DTD NTNP because I'm on birth control but also on antibiotics., we both want a baby but we were going to wait a little longer, but decided to "test fate" as it were!
I heard they make your pill ineffective. Is this really true? I want to know what my chances are! :)

Im in the last week of my pill taking, and you're suppose to keep taking the pill for 7 days till it's okay, but I dont want to go back-to-back, so I wont! Whether I've already ovulated or will ovulate, who knows.. but has anyone done this and got pregnant??

xx

Yea, from what I've heard (from my pharmacist) is that antibiotics only slightly lower the effectiveness of BC.

i have been pregnant twice on pill while taking antibiotics (was young and never knew it effected it) but sadly ended in mc (thats just my body nothing to do with antibs) my 2 best mates also got pg taking the pill and a friends gf got pg while on pill coz dentist gave her tablets so it def is possible!!! hope fate is on your side xxx

It depends on how effective the pill is for you in the first place. Some woman are only borderline affected by the pill...so anything could throw the balance off kilter and they wind up getting preggo. St. John's Wort can male the pill up to 15X ineffective..so I think antibiotics can be the same-depends on which one and the length of time in which it's taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->