Anxiety after a bad night

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by GemBaxter, Jun 3, 2011.

1. GemBaxter

GemBaxter 1 Son, 1 Husband & 1 Bump

Well last night was the first bad night's sleep I have had this pregnancy. I was just so hot and any time I got comfortable my heartburn kicked in. Spent the first 2 hours just tossing and turning. Then after a lot humphing from me, a few obsenaties shared between me and my husband and a glass of VERY cold water I plugged the fan in :haha:

In the time I was tossing around I started to think about the next couple of months. With my son I was so excited about labour and I really looked forward to it. The birth was amazing, straightforward waterbirth with established labour only lasting 4 hours and a minute but I didn't use the gas and air properly so lots of screaming! I had a 2nd degree tear of the perinium which was ok but all in all I "enjoyed" myself so to speak :rofl:

This time though I am starting to get anxious. When I have a wee everything feels really sore and like my insides are going to fall out :haha: Not like when the baby drops though. I suppose I am starting to remember the uncomfort following the labour.

Also I am scared if getting distressed again. I am so desperate for the same birth this time. But I am so scared. I know the whole time my son is going to be in the back of my mind so I don't know how to just focus on the birth. Is it maybe a good thing that I will be distracted by the thoughts of my son?

Any parents who have been through labour twice or more - is this feeling quite normal and how did you deal with it?

xxx

2. tweedy

tweedy Well-Known Member

i've not slept well for weeks, toddler not feeling well, nerves about delivery and handling 2 children, work, relationship issues, heat......i am surving a full time job, housework, chores and a 3 year old with an average of 4 hours a night....all good training.

3. GemBaxter

The handling 2 children is making me nervous too. Having a baby starts the day you fall pregnant! Lots of coffee for you then :coffee:

4. tweedy

tweedy Well-Known Member

i wish, but it'll all be worth it. i have heard from some recent 2nd time mums that it's easier the 2nd time, going from 1 to 2 is less traumatic than the 1st, so hopefully we'll be grand.

i am planning a birthday treat for my friend, that involves an overnight stay at a local hotel/spa....i'll be 28 weeks and the promise of a full nights sleep and some nice treatments, is keeping me going.

5. GemBaxter

:rofl: that does sound like a good idea!

It's my birthday Sunday so I am curious as to whether I will get a lay on or not. Thing is we live in a flat and to get a lay in the child must be removed form the house - not going to happen :haha:

xxx