Anxiety disorders, OCD, Depression?

only just seen this thread.

I have depression, OCD, and anxiety problems.
My OCD is obsessive thoughts. I have anxiety 24/7 and especially when people who i dont know or see very often are coming to the house. Like today, my sis came to see me, havent seen her since feb, tho we speak on the fone, and i got in a state this morning.

I see a psychiatrist, im on the waiting list for CBT, and i take two different types of antidepressants. Venlafaxine, and Mianserin.

I have bipolar disorder. I was on anti depressants, mood stabilisers and anti psychotics before pregnancy, when pregnant only needed mild anti depressants and I'm now on nothing at all since having Chloe. I think being a mum has really helped. I have no idea why but I'm the most stable now that I have been for the last 10 years

I used to think I was the only one. Now after going through this tread I am not. I hope that when baby comes it will take the focus off me and I can concentrate on baby. I have battled with mine for years and its took alot of strength to do what people take for granted and are easy for others to do. I am trying to biuld up my mind and battle it. Its a hard thing to do and sometimes I crumble. But I get back up and I wont let it take my life over again. It tries to though.

I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy how I feel sometimes.

I do not want to say it is nice to see others with problems. But, it is comforting to know I am not alone. I posted on the private board about anxiety and no one responded. I was at the time not ready to come out on the main area and ask. I just did not want to be judged most of all for how many kids I have and dealing with my "issues".

So with that said, I have lots going on been on medications half my life trying to fix this. :(

Agoraphobia, (GAD) Anxiety, Depression, S.A.D. and said to be bipolar... which is very possible since I am wide awake and woke up so early! I tend to think I should of not ate the rich chocolate ice cream! can you say HYPER! :dance:

I get scared in case some doc says I cant look after my baby and starts interfering. They tried sending me to a shrink and i refused. I just get nervous when i am out thats all now, its hard to get over and nervous at certain situations. I know I will be fine with baby, perhaps it will change things but can they interfer? I had a nasty midwife make me feel like a lunatic because she fould I used to take anti depressents. Then started saying when I felt better that i wouldnt after baby, way to make me feel confident! I just dont want them to cone and tae baby away because I take anxiety attacks or have taken meds in the past. Am I being overboard there?

I have anxiety issues and OCD - seeing a councillor/nurse about it next week as midwife was concerned as I have fear of being around people I don't know and also the OCD is based around numbers and I was stressing about the delivery room I'd be in. Have it in my head if it isn't one of 'my' numbers things won't go well. Everyone been very good about it though, I think they want to keep an eye on it because of PND

fossy ... im the same uknow, i dont like to be round people i dont know (this hasnt always been the case,but for the last 3yr its been hell:() i fear sitting in waiting rooms, its thats bad if im at docs and there ends up been lots of people in waiting room i go home,miss my app and everything :( this gets me even more upset uknow, im seeing a consultant soon ,i dont know wot to expect at all uknow, ive been fobbed off getting a 12wk scan cos i ad an 8wk one, after aving a mmc in march i wud of thought they wud want me to feel reassured :(
im hoping the consultant will help :?

sry to hear that ur in the same boat as me,its really upsetting and the problems its caused in the past with OH isnt ok, but he has got more understanding, then how can i expect him 2understand when i dont :cry:

I cant handle waiting rooms! I dont know what it is when no one is in them I am slightly calmer but when someone comes in I get all weird and near walk out. I have to ask if places are busy before I go to them. Thankfully my last visits to the hospital there was no one else in the waiting room but me. I usualy find the loo is a good place to hide. And if there isnt a loo I freak out! I hate cars I can only sit in one with my dad as I trust him he knows what I am like and understands, I get embarassed if there is anyone else there just in case i embarass myself by freaking as in the past I was in tears just sitting in car in traffic. I cant do them. hense why i have a motorbike, I am in control that way i can go where i like ad dont have to sit in traffic. No one gets me though. :( They cant understand what I go through just to do sometihng simple. I dread when midwife asks me to call to her, i havnt even turned up and make excuses that i cant get there for her to come to me. They do though which is great but they dont know its because I cant go out if i feel even neusous in case i throw up, people will look and I will digrace myself. Its silly I know. But it is an irrational fear. More t han once in the past I landed at the docs room in tears ad stressed just from sitting in a packed waiting room near fainting!

I havnt told anyone how I feel, its evident sometimes but I mask it i just wanted to let it out here as i dont feel like such a freak.

I get scared in case some doc says I cant look after my baby and starts interfering. They tried sending me to a shrink and i refused. I just get nervous when i am out thats all now, its hard to get over and nervous at certain situations. I know I will be fine with baby, perhaps it will change things but can they interfer? I had a nasty midwife make me feel like a lunatic because she fould I used to take anti depressents. Then started saying when I felt better that i wouldnt after baby, way to make me feel confident! I just dont want them to cone and tae baby away because I take anxiety attacks or have taken meds in the past. Am I being overboard there?

I only know the laws for the rights of those in the US. I know that here you need court order to hold you (mental hospital) against your will longer than a couple days. Plus, they need great cause for doing it.

I would just think they would keep an eye on you to make sure you are not depressed after baby comes. A panic attack disorder is one of the most common mental health problems. Matter fact most people have an anxiety attack in their life, yet some of us keep having them. :(

:hug:

sure all will be fine :hugs:

Dragonfly, I understand that you are scared about the possibility of the state interfering, but the best thing you can do is be upfront about your problems. That way your midwife can refer you and get the help you need. They won't take your baby away, they will try to help you be the best mum you can be.

There is no point worrying about things like having to have a Christening - you don't have to have one! How about a naming ceremony at home for just your family and close friends? Only you know what your limits are and there are ways to live within those limits.

I hope you get the help you need.

I never heard oa anyone having a naming ceremony, not something thats done here. but the christening we are being forced into, i have gotten into fights with mum about it and his parents are the same. But it will happen when I say it will happen as I am being forced into nothing. Everyone knows i am strong minded anyway and when I dont want something it dosnt happen. I just want to recover after baby and hope i dont get PND. Wish my mum would understand I dont want everyone at the hospital as I will be wreaked and recovering, she fights with me instead. She has never been depressed or down in her life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->