anxiety getting the better of me :(

tootyfruity

Reaction score
Feel a bit of a faliure as i've suddenly started feeling anxious all the time, i've lost my appetite and can't sleep very well. I do suffer with anxiety and depression and i'm on a low dose of antidepressants but looks like they're not enough for me at the moment.

I think after monday and going for my first birthing class it's kind of sunk in that its all going to happen soon and the fear is now setting in. i've got a doctors appointment later today so will see what he says.

Dont konw the point is this thread just needed to get it out.

Awwww you sound like me. I was on antidepressants before i got pregnant. Shouldn't have really came off then but stopped anyway.

Right from the start ive felt anxious about everything. Before i could feel baby move i used to get really paranoid, sometimes to the point where i would have to go and get checked out just to hear his heartbeat :blush:, then i convinced myself i was going to get listeria as i ate some cheese melts from McDonalds.

Now i havn't been feeling to well so i'm back to listeria lol.
I'd have a chat with the doctor or midwife to see if they can ease some of your worries.

Cheer up xx :hugs:

You both sound just like me! Have had anxiety/panic attack issues before pregnancy and was on Zoloft (which helped), but went off that when I got my BFP. Now I keep worrying about things going wrong, even though they keep saying everything looks great at my appointments.

Listeria is a huge fear for me, to the point that I agonize over what I order when I eat out and try to only get cooked items (so no salads and such, cause I've heard lettuce/raw veggies could possibly have it). I know it drives my husband nuts, and that most stuff is probably fine as long as I avoid soft cheeses and such--and I'm vegetarian, so most items on the avoid list (like deli meats) I don't eat anyway!

I've started seeing a therapist every 2 weeks, which helps some. Now I'm starting to worry about labor, as it's only 3 months away! I think a lot of it (and a lot of anxiety in general) is fear about things that I have no control over, and labor is one of those things. Don't know when it will start, how long it will last, etc. Of course then there's the big unknown--what it's really like to be parents!

Hang in there everyone--and know you're not alone! :hugs:

Also, maybe it would help to talk to some friends/family who have kids? Or to others in your birthing class, as I'm sure many of them have the same fears!

Ahhh I related to this right away.
Last year, about this time last year I was the lowest of lows and was put on fluoxetine(prozac) and gradually increased up to 60mg which was the highest dose for me, and that increase really levelled my anxiety and depression out. Maybe you just need an increase in meds?
I had to change meds halfway through pregnancy to sertraline because I want to breasteed, I'm on 200mg of that and that's the max I can take of that, seems to be working the same (prefered prozac just cos it didn't give me side effects, sertraline makes me have night sweats...grim!)
I also have diazepam for moments when I can't control myself and panic, which is a sedative. I've only really used that a few times whilst changing meds as that was a little rocky.
I don't know how what I'm saying is going to help though! Just thought I'd say hello and you aren't alone, lots of us going through the same thing. I was lying in bed last night as I couldn't sleep thinking OMG in a month or so I'm going to have a baby, a little person who's going to be solely dependant on me! Ofcourse you're going to be anxious about that!!!!

can also totally relate to this, i suffer with severe depression and anxiety and came off my anti depressants which ive been on for years when i was ttc.
luckily fell pregnant 1st cycle trying and was ok for the first few weeks, but by about 8 weeks pregnant i was very ill with it. i was convinced i'd have a miscarriage to the point where i worried about everything. also have stopped driving and going out anywhere, can hardly cope with anything. am still terrified i will lose baby even now, and as im getting closer to my due date i also have awful anxious feelings about being a bad mum and not being able to cope. its like being stuck in an awful prison in my mind all the time.
have thought about goin back on my tabs but with only 5 weeks left think i will stick it out til the end and go back on them the day i give birth.
i cant wait to be "me" again, i feel like a shell of who i was off my meds

We should start an anxious club ! I am a nervous wreck since getting pregnant, no idea what i'll be like when I have a baby :/

Ah thank you girls, i feel better knowing im not the only one, I have literally cried all day today, doctor put me up from 10mg to 20mg but was lovely and said its normal anyway to feel like this and reassured me about it all, I do feel awful increasing the dose but i can't go another 8 weeks without eating properly and crying constantly.

You ladies that have stayed off them have done so well! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->