Anxiety over future FET

kittiecat

Mum to Noah & Ella
Reaction score
So to fill you in, last year we had a FET in May and it ended in a chemical pregnancy. I tested from 4dp5dt and got faint positives that gradually darkened till 8/9dp5dt when they then stayed the same and suddenly got lighter on my OTD (11dp5dt). I was devastated tbh. I knew from early on something wasn’t right and felt that the tests weren’t progressing enough like they did with our son. Now we’ve finally decided to book our final FET for May 2021 and I’m already getting anxiety. Every time I think about a future test day I feel sick. How do I get past this feeling and feel positive again. I keep telling my DH that I want to be positive but deep down I’m so terrified of another chemical or a negative. This is our last embryo and DH is reluctant to go for another fresh cycle so it’s prob going to be our last chance to have another child.

How many transfers did it take to get pregnant with your son? Are you doing the same protocol?

My first FET was a chemical, 2nd 2 months later resulted in our son. 2 years later we transferred our last PGS normal embryo and baby girl will be here any day now! I was very guarded this last one as it was feeling like our only shot (we have one more embryo but would retest it). I kept saying I was perfectly happy with just one kiddo and just wanted a sibling for his sake, not my own desire for another baby. Until I thought it failed with my first beta at less than 50, I was devastated.

I guess what I'm getting at is I don't really have any advice. It's such an emotional process. Just hoping for the best and dealing with what comes I think is all one can do! If you can, maybe try to hold off on testing until closer to OTD so you aren't so focused on progression.

How many transfers did it take to get pregnant with your son? Are you doing the same protocol?

My first FET was a chemical, 2nd 2 months later resulted in our son. 2 years later we transferred our last PGS normal embryo and baby girl will be here any day now! I was very guarded this last one as it was feeling like our only shot (we have one more embryo but would retest it). I kept saying I was perfectly happy with just one kiddo and just wanted a sibling for his sake, not my own desire for another baby. Until I thought it failed with my first beta at less than 50, I was devastated.

I guess what I'm getting at is I don't really have any advice. It's such an emotional process. Just hoping for the best and dealing with what comes I think is all one can do! If you can, maybe try to hold off on testing until closer to OTD so you aren't so focused on progression.

yeah I’ve promised myself I won’t test till OTD this time. It’s just too much anxiety. The clinic even scolded me a little and tbh they were right.

We were very lucky and had success first time with our son. That was a fresh transfer. At our follow up appt our consultant didn’t mention changing anything so am assuming it’ll be the same protocol. He said to us at the time that it was prob just one of those things and that something was wrong with the embryo and that it was a positive thing that I’ve had two transfers and two implantations. I’m a bit nervous that there will have been a two year gap between FETs and what impact me being 33 will have but am hoping not much as I know age more impacts on egg quality and we already have the embryo. And I believe it’s an AA grade two like our other two transfers were. I just need to try and be calm and what will be will be I suppose!

Two for two successful implantations is great!

I was 36 almost 37 with this FET and 34 for egg retrieval, so don't worry about your age!

Thank you! I know I’m prob being silly and over anxious. It’s just so hard not to overthink it all.

Agreed with the previous poster, two implantations are great, and your age is not important at all as you have an embryo when you were younger. Stay positve and believe in your success.

Agreed with the previous poster, two implantations are great, and your age is not important at all as you have an embryo when you were younger. Stay positve and believe in your success.

thank you! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->