Anxiety...SO BAD :(

ReversalMommy

Reaction score
I am 6 weeks and cannot stop thinking about our scan march 15. I am so terrified that there will be no heart beat. How do I calm these nerves?? I keep taking tests to make sure the line is dark. Its my only comfort...im so scared of loosing this baby. Ive never had a miscarriage before, and I do have a 4 year old. I didnt have this anxiety with my first...

Hey its normal to be worried. But I'd say there is a pretty good chance that everything is fine. Does your gut say everything is alright or is it telling you that something isnt quite alright?
But even then it could be just you being scared. I know this might be the last thing you wanna hear (god knows I hate hearing it :D) but try to relax. Try to enjoy every moment of the pregnancy ^^
Maybe try to find something to do until the scan. Something that might take your mind off of it. I for instance started a new show and am binge watching it. I have my scan on the 21st of March so we're kind of in the same boat lol ^^ FX that everything is alright ^^

Hey, I know how you feel. I am pregnant with my first. I also have a hormone imbalance (though docs can't figure out what) that makes me not ovulate. Having a hormone imbalance, like in PCOS (what I've been diagnosed with), makes me have a higher chance of MC. In fact, I DID have a MC a little over a year ago. I was constantly afraid this pregnancy would end badly....

What helped me was the realization that most MC will happen because of a chromosomal abnormality vs anything I do. It wouldn't be my fault. It also helped knowing that if a MC were to happen there is nothing any medical professional could do to prevent it from happening. What will happen will happen regardless. Knowing everything is out of my control helped me calm down because.... why bothering worrying over something I have no control over? I became less stressed with the realization that as of today... I am pregnant. Today... I am healthy and statistically so is my baby.

Do I still get stressed and anxious that something is wrong? Every day. I'm always poking my boobs, checking the toilet paper when I wipe, and overanalyze every little twinge I feel. But the anxiety is under control.

It also helped me knowing my best friend has been through a MC and knows my risks, etc. I can always talk to her.

I won't tell you not to stress, that's impossible. I will tell you to rejoice, because today you are pregnant!

Totally agree with the above ^^ exactly how thought through my first trimester. There is nothing a medical professional can do up until 24 weeks, it was totally out of my control. So why spend a lot of time worrying about something I couldn't control. Yes, I still felt worried, I still do! But it kept me from letting it overtake my thoughts and my life. And sounds silly but to be honest, my dreadful morning sickness distracted me quite a bit from the worry! I felt so horrible that it consumed me thoughts and I generally felt quite detached from the pregnancy worry while I felt very sorry for myself! Distraction is key, see your friends and family, plan cinema trips, shopping trips, walks, day trips etc. Just being out and about and 'normal' helps a lot and helps time pass much quicker!

I've had this same anxiety with all of my pregnancies, from start to finish. I still have this anxiety now at 20 weeks along with my fifth baby and have only had positive pregnancy experiences so far. It is normal, and for me, it fades as I approach labor, and once I'm in labor, I stop worrying. I don't worry much about my babies and kids at this point. I hope your worry fades away soon.

Thanks ladies! I don't feel like anything is wrong. It's just so surreal to actually be pregnant again. And keeping it a secret is stressing me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->