Anxiety? When to get help?

Biscuitbaby

Mum of 2 boys TTC#3
Reaction score
:blush:

I'm kinda finding this hard to write and not even sure where to start .........

I posted a thread on here a while ago about me taking lo to the docs and bursting into tears - I was very tearful a lot but slowly over the weeks I've noticed I'm getting better - but I seem to be getting more and more anxious about my babies :nope:

I know nearly all mums are anxious about their lo's but I wonder if I'm a bit OTT :shrug:
I WORRY and I mean WORRY about everything and am convinced that my eldest who'e 18 months will die (....that was very hard to write) so much so - we were going for a weekend away and I came so close to not going incase there was a bad car accidient ...or he got run over .....or just something :cry: when dh is not around I cry thinking about it! We went out for dinner Sat night and he was eating choc ice-cream which of course he had everywhere :haha: but for some reason when we were walking to the car for I split second I freaked because I thought it was blood :shrug:
I HAD to drive the whole weekend because I felt more in control :shrug:

I HAVE to sleep with the light on for fear of my youngest (10 weeks) I know most Mums worry ...........
but this is just the start and I really feel like I'm losing control :nope::cry::wacko:

My Doc wanted me to go back for a 'chat' after breaking down infront of him but I never went - then like I said over the weeks I started to feel better but now EVERYTHING is being taken over by my anxiety.
Should I go back? Is it something the doc can help with?

im sorry your going thro this , ive had it for yrs , and when morgan came along that was just the worst :? i still go thro them thoughts, i lay in bed for hrs thinking wot if someone nicked him and i didnt hear them break into the house :cry: its awful

ive tried CBT in the past but it didnt help for me :?

not much advice sry x

:hugs: No advice hun, sorry, didnt want to read and run.

I think you should def go back and talk with your doctor xx

Sorry to read that. I suffer from a different sort of anxiety. The only thing I can say is that remember that they are only thoughts. Thoughts are often unhelpful and untrue. Try to detach from them and make the mental note "I am having the thought that there might be an accident" and then go forward with what you value (doing something fun with your boys for example). You've giving a lot of credibility to your thoughts, a lot of attention. That is why they are thriving. You can't stop thoughts popping in your head but you can stop yourself from following them, arguing with them, focusing on them ect. Let them go. If you do this they will start to be less frequent. Every behaviour you do in the name of anxiety, makes anxiety stronger: For example: Sleeping with the light on. Thoughts have no power. If you would like me to give you some links to some free exercises where you can let go of thoughts pm me. Take good care. (P.S. And if you feel you can't cope tell your doctor)

Definitely talk with your doctor. It's great that things were getting better, but unless you're addressing the problem at its roots, your anxiety will continue to return.

I have found therapy/counseling to be very effective, and with the added cushion of medicine, I was coping well with my anxiety.

Thanks everyone! I think I realise I do need help!

LO stayed with my sister the other night and I was in tears thinking of things that could happen to him :cry:

My appt aint until the 23rd May though

i have anti depressants for my anxiety they r helping me lots!!

Ive got it too. Anxiety caused by post traumatic stress brought on by traumatic births. Im not going to go into it too much because its a long story but i think everyones going to die of cancer. In general i can get consumed by bad thoughts that something bad is going to happen for instance the madaline mccann case had me panicking kuds wud b snatched etcetcetc. I recently found out that there is a condition postnatal anxiety so for me thats what i had. I didnt get medication i had cbt and read loads of books until eventually it began to subside. Now im more in control. I think its a process that takes time to work out in your head with the help of cbt. If it flares up again i will try hypnotherapy as recon that will help change thought patterns. I hope everyone manages to get peace of mind soon x

P. Ive had the experience u had when your ltl one was at your sisters - its horrendous. Completly irrational. I dont let mine stay anywhere now or travel in a car that im not driving. Which makes life really difficult, u wil feel better after u have seen a councellor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->