Anxiety?

SpringCrane

Reaction score
I'm naturally a worry-wort type, but I think these pregnancy hormones are kicking it into high gear. I've been feeling a lot of anxiety. I'm not sure if it's stemming from feeling unsure about the viability of this pregnancy or what. I just keep thinking about all these terrible things. It kept me up last night :-( Terrible things like, what if my kid gets cancer? What if we are victims of a crazy shooting spree? What if my husband's plane crashes on his flight home? Awful things! I'm not having actual anxiety attacks or anything, but I'm fixating on terrible thoughts.

My mom has been coming over after work to help out since my husband is out of town and she's usually off around 3. When I hadn't heard from her at 4:30 I was having to keep myself from panicking and calling all of her friends! Turns out she just had to work late and I heard from her at 5, but it's getting a little silly in my head!

Reading over this I feel like a crazy person!

I was on tablets to help with anxiety but stoped them soon as i found out i was pregnant and how your feeling is how i am 24/7 my 3 year old still sleeps with me because im so worried if theres a fire i wont get to him fast enough :/ sorry not much help but speak to midwife she can help you hun xxx

I have/had bad anxiety. even before pregnancy but it all started in my first pregnancy. I have been having CBT since May and am doing much better. I am just hoping as pregnancy progresses I will be able to deal with it as well as I am now. my therapist I don't think holds much onto this hormones stuff. I think she sees it as even if hormones make you worse you can still manage it.

I'm so sorry. Our hormones definitely kick our anxiety into high gear, and that is very normal. I get so bad, I have dreams that my OH got back with an ex or had an affair, I get really jealous about everything, I worry constantly about everything. I'm so stressed out!!! Haha. I do find it important to get some time to myself to just meditate or otherwise clear my mind. Maybe put some music on and go for a walk or something? It's not likely to go away anytime soon, but it can be manageable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->