• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anxiety

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
Does anyone suffer from anxiety?

I'm a terrible mess and I am having trouble caring for my kids alone (when my husband is at work). It doesn't help that there has been non stop bugs since the new year. My anxiety all centres around my children being sick and I'm not getting any time to relax back to my normal level before they get sick again. Finn isn't even getting better before getting sick again.

I honestly feel like I would rather take us all to the hospital and let someone else take care of them (and me) if they get sick again.

I'm a horrible mother and I can't be in the same room if it seems like Finn will throw up. I have to leave and my husband has to come home from work to care for him. I feel like I can't be alone with him in case he gets sick. I can't sleep at night because I'm scared his temp will spike and he will throw up. My mom has to come be with me if my husband has to do something. My parents just left for a 2 week vacation.

I have always had emetophobia. I was bad when it was just my son but I'm exponentially worse now with 2. I asked my family doctor for help in May. I have an appt on the 21st of this month to start counselling. I am hoping against hope that this will help. I'm going to be starting cbt.

Does anyone else have this same problem. Have you been able to overcome it? What is your experience, if you don't mind sharing.

I am not in a situation quite like yours but I have had lots of problems with anxiety.

I am a new mom and the one time my baby was ill I didn't deal well. I needed my husband to take care of the problem for me, but he works so I had to deal with it myself. I just sat on the floor of our bedroom and cried while he made arrangements for me and baby to see a doctor. I am dreading all the future illnesses my baby will have, he is only 3.5 months so I know there will be a lot more.

I can't imagine a life with emetophobia and young children who enevitably get sick. You are not a terrible mother. You are likely doing the best that is possible. I hope the cbt helps. I have had a couple sessions years ago and it can be useful.

I know my words probably don't mean much but I just wanted to offer my support.

Thank you :hugs:

I hope your little baby doesn't get sick again for a long, long time. It sucks when our babies are sick and there's nothing we can do. :cry:

I suffer from anxiety ive done councilling and it had helped took a few sessions but it worked. A few years ago i lived next to a nut job who threatened to rape and kill.me because inasked him tomturn his music down. He was crazy and we had him arrested and were in and out of court in yhe end we moved. On top of that i had a tough pregnancy with bleeding right through and although it wasnt serious every hospital trip inthought this was it. In labour he got.stuck.amd his heart stopped a.few times. Then mum was investigated for bowel cancer although she is ok. And hen dad died he got a sore throat and got blood poisoning from it. From that i was obsessed i had cancer i had to check my breasts and i convinced myself i had lumps i convined myself my son was going to die i used to cry as all of it would play in my mind over and over to the point it made.me exhausted. Within 8 months of.counciling i was able to function and go to toddler groups (didnt go.before as was convinced he would get meningitis) . I know our situ is completely different but if u stick with what they say to do (for me it was taking time out several times a day to take deep breathes i wrote a journal about why i felt anxious and i wrote letters to my dad) you will see an improvement so there is hope just dont stop when u feel good i did and i went back weeks you just need to stay with it and u will get there x

I've got severe anxiety. I don't have children (yet) so I can't imagine dealing with what you are. However, I would highly recommend therapy. It will help you understand it more and keep it under control. I was sceptical at first because I thought it was going to be a load of hypnosis mumbo jumbo but it isn't. It's proper true help for your mental health. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->