Anxious about nursery

beancounter

Reaction score
he's starting nursery on thursday- 3 hours twice a week. But the first session is for 1.5 hours .. I'm sooooooo anxious about it :( He'll probably need a nap and a bottle while he's there which bothers me. Just panicking a bit, I've never left him with anyone but OH :(

:hug:

I imagine I'll be exactly the same hon xxx

Hiya, i was really worried abot taking my son and he when last month for the first time and he went for 4 hours, i think that i was more worried than he was, when i left he didn't even notice he was to busy playing with toys and watching all the other kiddies and when i went to collect him, he looked at me as if to say not now mum i'm having fun!
i'm sure he'll be fine, the nursery i take my son to asked me to fill in a form of what he normally does on an hourly basis each day, bottles,food,sleep so they keep his routine going as if he was at home.

Thanks, I booked him in a bit early because he really likes stuff like that-noise and babies and new toys. He's quite gregarious. I do have to go it and fill out a form but Im not sure what to put because we started weaning and sometimes he drops feeds but then next day he wants them so I bought some milk in a carton for emergencies (dont want to waste EBM) plus I think I am strung out cos we have to drive 6 hours that night to go to a funeral and he hates driving :(

Well I dropped him off. He was playing with some toy and too busy to say bye bye. I get to go and get him in an hour, yay..

:hugs: hope he finds it okay. I'm really worried about Amelie. She starts nursery ina month in half and will go 8 to 2.30pm. In that time she usually has 2 BFs and won't take a bottle, and always falls asleep on the breast :( So I have no idea what to do about that.

hugs hun im thinking of starting luisa in a nursery in about a month just for a couple of hours ready for wen i go back to work.. and im dreading it too but yr post has made me feel better!!

good luck to you too blah xx

I started Paddy yesterday for one day a week, he loved it!!He settled the minute i set foot in the door he was playing a kissing a little girl and smiling at everyone!!its the best thing ive done, he came home rotten, had eaten like a little horse n was sooooooooooo happy!hes exhausted today though! i sure your little ones will be fine x

:hugs: hope he finds it okay. I'm really worried about Amelie. She starts nursery ina month in half and will go 8 to 2.30pm. In that time she usually has 2 BFs and won't take a bottle, and always falls asleep on the breast :( So I have no idea what to do about that.

A month and a half is quite a while, hopefully she will have dropped a feed or something? Cos Finn drinks from a bottle but also a cup now, and will also eat a yoghurt instead of a milk feed (though he makes up for it later) so try not to worry because it might not be an issue by then! (easier said then done)

I just phoned up and he's still happily playing :thumbup:

:hugs:

i am still anxious leaving him woth rob while i go to the shop, i am dreading going back to work!

hugs hun im thinking of starting luisa in a nursery in about a month just for a couple of hours ready for wen i go back to work.. and im dreading it too but yr post has made me feel better!!

good luck to you too blah xx

A friend said to start when he was crawling (so could get the toy he wanted) but before 8 mos when separation anxiety starts.. so I did. He was asleep when I got him! I think he had a whale of a time!

i would love for Austin to go to nursery but its so expensive!
Glad he had fun Bean x

Glad it went well. Byron starts his taster session in October ready for my return to work in November. I'm going to miss him a lot but I think he'll enjoy it and will already know some of the babies there from our baby group.

Holly started last week with her 'settle session' at nursery... I wasa wreck and had to leave quickly so the nurses didnt c me crying :blush: Holly was fine however... we went to pick her up but she didn't even seem to notice we had left :dohh: I tip would b to drop them off and leave quickly don't linger cos i think that would make leaving worse!

:hugs:

Glad he had fun Bean x

if you work you maybe entitled to child tax credits which you can use for the fees :thumbup:

i used to work in the baby room in a nursery, and would def say don't linger, but at the same time do say goodbye rather than just leaving, it might be harder the first few times but will make it easier in the long run, as baby will learn you say goodbye ad will come back later rather than just dissapearing which can be confusing and upsetting for them. but im sure you lo will be fine, and don't forget you can always ring up and see how there doing!

Glad he had fun Bean x

if you work you maybe entitled to child tax credits which you can use for the fees :thumbup:

Or if your company do the childcare vouchers (that come out of your wages before tax) you may get more benefit from them than CTC.

Liam starts nursery 8-12.45 monday, I've got to drop him off as OH starts work early, can;t say I'm looking forward to it.

I'm sure I'll walk in the nursery and be wandering around for about 1/2 hour trying to remember the correct room to go into.

It's just going to be so expensive but I'm glad that he will be mixing with other kids as well, but do feel that we will miss certain 'first' developments though, although the nursery have told us they will not mention anything to us until we tell them "he now does this" which I think is a nice thing.

OK, so he went for 3 hours today and.. he looked really narked to see me :dohh: I am officially NOT anxious about nursery any more.. I am anxious because my baby doesnt love me anymore :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->