Any 35+ due in Spring 2017?

Grateful365

Very Proud Mommy, #3 OTW!
Reaction score
Hi ladies! Just looking to chat with other ladies 35+ who are expecting. I just got a BFP yesterday and will be due in May. I'm over the moon!

Due Dates!

2nd Time - February 12
elliecain - March 17 - Boy!
Ms. Elizabeth - May 5 - Girl!
beccabonny - May 9 - Girl!
Grateful365 - May 9 - Boy!
Classic Girl - May 15
Kellyrae - May 18
River54 - May 27 - Girl!
Jellybean - Boy!

Congratulations!
I'm 39 and my first is due on 17th March.

A huge congrats to you Ellie!! So exciting!! How is the pregnancy treating you so far?

Thank you!
I had IVF and have also been taking prednisolone for natural killer cells for the first 3 months. One side effect is that they suppress quite a few symptoms, so I'm only just now getting a bit of nausea as I come off them. I've been really lucky so far, just massive tiredness! I'm a teacher and so have also been lucky not to have to work for the whole of the first trimester! Back to school tomorrow and I can't wait to tell everyone my news.

How about you? Any symptoms yet? Is this going the same as your first pregnancy?

Oh how exciting!! And nice that you have felt good so far! Are you feeling ready to go back to school? What do you teach?

I had symptoms the day I found out...headache, chills and hot flashes. But nothing since. That was 2 days ago. I tested this morning with an IC and the line was lighter than yesterday, so that has been on my mind. Slightly worried but trying not to.

The line does do that in the early days, so try not to worry (I know how hard that is!). Your urine might be more dilute or the test might be less sensitive, so many factors influence it when the levels are lower at the start. I tested several times a day because I was in disbelief, but I was already 15dpo when I got my bfp so it was pretty dark this time. Even so, the second day, the control line was less faded, which freaked me out. Maybe wait a few days, if you can, before you test again. Do you know what dpo you are?

I teach French and Spanish at a fairly tough secondary school (11-16) and it can be really great and really difficult. Last year was hard, but I started the school year with a miscarriage and ended with a round of IVF, so it was a full on year. This year, I'm only in for 6 months, then I get maternity leave for at least 9 months, yay! As a result, I'm excited to be going back, seeing colleagues and students, sharing my good news.

Let me know how you get on. I'm thinking of you xxx

How was the first day back today? Hope everything went great. Did you tell everyone the news? ��

I did test again today...(I know I know) and it looks maybe a touch darker. Hard to tell. At least its still positive, so I will just go with that. Lol But still no symptoms.

I am 15 dpo

15dpo is still quite early days. I first tested on 19dpo. Your beta would probably still be in the low hundreds and the hpts max out in the low thousands, so still have a way to go to darken. I'm glad it looked darker.

School was great. The kids weren't in for the first day and I got loads of work done after all the meetings finished. Everyone was so happy for me, I felt like the most special person... Everyone was hugging me and congratulating me all day.
Today, I get to tell my tutor group. I have been their tutor for 3 years, so they should be quite happy for me. I don't know when I'll tell my other classes... Maybe tell the older ones but wait a bit with the littlies. (I teach ages 11 to 16).

I had some really sad news yesterday. One of my colleagues had IVF a few weeks before me and we were overjoyed to both get bfps. She had her 12 week scan in the summer and the baby's skull had not developed so she had to have a termination. I was devastated for her. She's coping really well and has 7 frozen embryos, so will try again soon.

Have a good day today!

No testing for me for a few days at least.

Glad you had a good day back and felt so special. Having others excited for you makes it just that much more special. It will be fun to tell the kids!

How many weeks are you? Sorry if you already said...I know your due in March. Have you had a gender uktrasound yet?

That is so incredibly sad about your colleague. I cannot imagine and it just hurts my heart when I hear those stories. Hopefully they will get their rainbow baby from the frozen embryos.

My date is in my sig. I'm 12+4 today.
The gender ultrasound is at 20 weeks, but I don't know if we will find out...

The kids were very excited for me today. I loved seeing their reactions.

How are you feeling?

Yes I guess I should have looked at your signature lol

I would kind of like it to be a surprise, but DH absolutely won't go for it. 😂

So cute that all the kids were excited! How long of maternity leave will you get?

I'm feeling good, definitely not feeling pregnant (yet) - thanks for asking!

Hi ladies...Congratulations on your pregnancies! Hope you don't mind me joining, I got my bfp this morning, its unexpected but we are both happy though I feel quite overwhelmed at the thought of 4 children 6yrs & under.
Xx

Hi KellyRae, welcome and congrtulations!! How exciting!! Any idea how far along you are?

Yes, 4 little ones is a lot! A lot of work and a lot of fun!! We are expecting our 3rd (and last) baby and we are a bit nervous going from 2 to 3. Any tips? Lol

Hi Kelly and congratulations! I'm growing my first, so the idea of 4 does sound quite overwhelming, though my brother has 4 and I think they entertain each other quite well!

I had my combined test results today and my risk is really low - 1:2425 for Downs and 1:20,000 for Edwards and Pataus. I'm so relieved!

Tomorrow, I have 2 antenatal appointments - endocrinologist in the morning and finally booking in with midwife in the evening!

Thank you both!
Greatful365: I found going from 2-3 quite easy as the girls were quite self sufficiant and we worked baby around our already established routine..they all now get on so well and play together great! So fingers crossed this will work just as well...
Just need a bigger car!!!

Elliecain: fab result! And your first how lovely! They are all precious but your first is so exciting with lots of firsts to enjoy along the way :) xx

Ellie - Hooray to your great results! That is a nice relief for sure. I am so excited for you, as I agree with Kelly that while each pregnancy and child is so special, the first is something vey special on its own. You have so much to look forward to:flower:

Kelly- well thats good to hear! My husband is the only one working right now as I am trying to be a stay at home mom for as long as I can. Money is tight though on one income so the stress of needing to find another bigger vehicle is a bit overwhelming. I wonder if I can fit 3 carseats in one row???? :haha:....but seriously. Lol

My son plays with his brother, but honestly lately he has been rather mean to him. I hope it is a phase! He's been acting so naughty lately!

Ellie - Hooray to your great results! That is a nice relief for sure. I am so excited for you, as I agree with Kelly that while each pregnancy and child is so special, the first is something vey special on its own. You have so much to look forward to:flower:

Kelly- well thats good to hear! My husband is the only one working right now as I am trying to be a stay at home mom for as long as I can. Money is tight though on one income so the stress of needing to find another bigger vehicle is a bit overwhelming. I wonder if I can fit 3 carseats in one row???? :haha:....but seriously. Lol

My son plays with his brother, but honestly lately he has been rather mean to him. I hope it is a phase! He's been acting so naughty lately!

We currently have a ford focus and fit three in the back! Two junior seats and a baby seat but the bigger baby ones not the one that you can put on pushchairs...we first looked at a picasso which has three individual seats...we may have to upgrade to a zafira or something like! I am just doing my driving lessons too so at least that will make life easier, I am also stay at home mum and it is a pain not driving and relying on public transport when my husband is at work all day xx

Hi ladies, I'm just 35 last month and got my BFP 8/31. It will be our first after a couple of losses, and I look forward to my appointment on Monday. Congratulations to everyone! I look forward to seeing everyone's pregnancies progress :)

Kelly - Oh thats good to hear! We will have two convertible carseats and an infant seat and we currently have an extended cab truck, so we shall see if we can fit all 3! FX'd!! Where do you live? I am in the United States, in Michigan.

Becca- Welcome!! Congrats on your BFP! FX'd for you to have a beautiful rainbow baby :thumbup: How are you feeling? Any symptoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->