Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

Good luck Mrs Mel! Let us know how it goes.
Sweetcheeks- I think it depends on your hospital but yes think most hospitals will do weekends. If not maybe they will do it Friday.
Mine is likely to be next Friday 25th! As they are going off my due date being 11th and then have told me I won't be induced until 40+14!

I wonder when my induction will be offered, as my due date was also the 11th.

Do you think these babies know it's cold outside and are choosing to stay in the warm?! x

Do you think these babies know it's cold outside and are choosing to stay in the warm?! x

You have to love the random comments off strangers now.. I've had people saying this to me as an excuse for LO not wanting to come out. Also, a lady at the till in Tesco today asked when I was due.. When told her last week she said they left her to go a month overdue with her son and he was born with no skin on his hands!! WTF?? My DH looked at me as we stepped away from the till with a weird look on our faces.. Who would dream of saying that to a woman that has just told you she was overdue? Freak!!

Still no sign of LO making an appearance here.. How did the sweeps go? Xx

I have had start/stop irregular pains all day today, more painful than usual bh but still seem to be getting nowhere.

Hi ladies Just an update ive to go into hospital fri nite for induction sat morning. Baby still not fully engaged so didnt get a sweep but happy a plan isin place x

That's not good sweepcheeks, will they just hope baby moves down ok once in labour? At least you know its only a few more days now.

Darkstar hope they turn into something soon.

As for me, my sweep didn't go well either. Baby is engaged and has been for ages but she couldn't reach my cervix. So have to go to the birth centre now on Friday to see if they can do it, if not they may book me in to try again next week and then will finally book an induction. Was really upset as hoped it would get things going and also thought I would have an induction date today :(

Hi ladies, same with me. Baby is very low and fully engaged, but she couldn't really sweep. Have a second attempt next week, if not it will be induction.

Come on babies, we can beat the inductions! x

I have had start/stop irregular pains all day today, more painful than usual bh but still seem to be getting nowhere.

It's frustrating isn't it? I have bad cramps which coincide with BH, but they just always seem to fizzle out. I hope yours turn into something soon x

I have a midwife appointment today. I am going to speak to her about my concerns that I don't ever go into established labour on my own. My first they had to break my waters after days of contractions and give me pitocin, my second was an induction.. I have never experienced a bloody show or mucus plug even.

Good luck with midwife Darkstar!!

Ended up in triage last night with lots of unberable pressure in my bottom sorry tmi (was v constipated and had some supps). Babys head finally engaged but 2 sweeps unsuccesful due to cervix being really posterior. Contractions showing up on trace but still irreg. Decided to come home with some co codamol and ive managed a few hrs sleep. Hsd a few strong contractions in the last hour that r becoming painful but still arent regular. Cant believe how straight forward things went with number 1 but this wee madam seems to want to stay put! x

I can't believe how many of us are still here.. I thought at least some of us would have had our babies by now!?

I've been the same yesterday with cramps all day that fizzle out to nothing too. I have an appointment with the MW tomorrow morning so will see what happens there and then an appointment at the hospital on Monday.

Its like you said Sweetcheeks, my DD was 10 days early and no issues, yet here I am, a full week overdue!

Sending lots of labour dust to us all, I hope we can beat induction! Xx

After a rather emotional day yesterday I have pulled myself together. Attempt 2 at sweep tomorrow will just hope that can do something to get things going.

Hope all these cramps turn into something a tad more promising soon!

Is anyone trying anything alternative? I've booked to goto a reflexologist in the morning if there has been no change today.. Surely the sweep and reflexology have to help? I can only hope! Xx

I think I am having reflexology tomorrow at the hospital appointment. They have booked me in for something called 'post dates package' which apparently includes a sweep but also some other things including reflexology. My midwife didn't seem to sure what was involved but said they are doing a study to see whether reflexology can bring on labour.

Good luck mrs sm that sounds great that your hospital are doing that!

Still here 40+4 :-(

Sweep booked for Tuesday which feels like a lifetime away.

Good luck mrs sm that sounds great that your hospital are doing that!

Yeah lets hope, not really sure what to expect just hoping it gets things going. It's not actually the hospital I will be giving birth in, it's the birth centre which is much nearer to home than the hospital is. Think I am going to ask them to just book me in for an induction if they can't do a sweep today either.

Sorry so many of you have gone so far overdue. Both mine were born at 40+4 and that was enough. I hope you are holding your babies in the next couple of days.

Well yesterday didn't go as expected for me! Currently in hospital being induced as they are worried about the size and lack of waters around baby. They did try to break my waters but my cervix was so far back they couldn't do it, it really stressed me out and caused me so much pain I was screaming. Have been on constant monitoring so cannot get up and about, the water birth is out if the picture :-(
So now have had a pessary put in for 24hrs to see if my cervix becomes more favourable.
Will update you as and when I can. Hope some of you other ladies have had some progress.

Oh Mrs SM.. I'm sorry you didn't get your water birth and all the pain you have gone through already. Can you not use the pool one labour is established for you? Did they say about baby's size after a scan or just after having a feel of your tummy? I hope things progress favourably for you from here on in.

I had my sweep yesterday and am 3-4cm dilated but not 100% effaced yet.. Still only 3/5ths engaged. MW said when LO moves down things should progress quickly. My problem is that she has shown no signs of full engagement yet and I'm wondering about the size of her head and whether she will actually fit?

I had reflexology too but that hasn't helped me to get her out either!

I have been booked into hospital at 4pm tomorrow for a 'review' but not sure what that entails?

Anyway, good luck for today Mrs SM, I will be sending positive vibes to you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"