any advice? bro's OH had emergency c-sec tonight - has failed kidneys & liver

wishingonastar

Reaction score
hi my bro's OH gave birth via emergency c-section tonight and is now in intensive care as was brought in severely jaundiced and doctors don't know what's wrong. they said her kidneys and liver have stopped working but they don't know why.

i know it's a total long shot but has anyone any experience in this they can offer?

on a positive note, baby is doing brilliantly...he's in scbu as so early but doing just fine thank god

no advice just wanted to send good luck and hopes of health to the baby.

so sorry to hear that, I know pre eclampsia can cause kidney and liver problems and failure in severe cases. could that be a issue? Hope she is better soon and home with the baby x

I am sorry I dont have advice, I just want to send you all lots of :hug: and pray and hope she gets better soon x x x x

No advice hun just wanted to send my love :hugs:

hi

i hope things get better soon!!

i know with me when i was in labour (induced due to pre eclempsia) at the nasty part my liver and kidneys started to fail...hence my early labour, could this be a reason, however i wasnt jaundice but that is a sign of liver failure

h x

No advice, just sending loads of good thoughts her way!

thank you so much everyone for your kind words and suggestions.
following a load of tests they now believe it was the HELLP strain of pre-eclampsia and apparently it develops so quickly that many women and their unborns die before they even get to operating room...thank god my brother acted quickly in getting her to the hospital!
she's still in intensive care but much more stable now and making a slow but steady recovery.

baby is in scbu and will be there for about next 6 weeks and although a little jaundiced too is doing so well overall (he's a very active little monkey already!)

i'm so relieved that today is over and things look so much better all round.
once again thank you so much for the support
x x

Aww....glad she seems better.

Much love and luck to them both and your brother too:hugs:

Sorry no advice just wanted to send some hugs and hope she is home and well with her lil bubba soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->