any advice for breastfeeding while pregnant???

cinnamum

Mumof_7_PREG W#8
Reaction score
this is my story...
i thought we would be done by 9 months but 1 year is in 2 days time and i am STILL feeding him 5 times a day. :dohh:
we went down to just 2 feeds daily supplimenting lost feeds with diluted fruit juice (as he refused to take formula) i felt guilty and gave into him feeding again!
now after i feed (because of hormones) i am sore, itchy and have very mild cramping under my ribs (can anybody tell me what this is??).
i am over the moon to be expecting again but, i have never been so hungry or tired in my life.
i feel drained and i am losing weight instead of gaining or keeping it.
i have been keeping my fluid intake up but i am finding it hard to drink as much as i have been advised to.
i am urinating at an alarming rate... ever 45 mins.
which, with 2 babies under 3 is REALLY hard to contend with as i have to take one with me quickly before i wee myself! LOL
i don't want to stop as i have an amazing bond with my son because of breastfeeding, a bond i never thought i would get after an emergency c-section.
:hugs:

what can i do to gain my 2 feeds a day and to get him to take formula before my 4-5 month colustrum sets in? :flower:

I'm still feeding twice a day. I've found the sore nipples are the worst! but they do get better.

My LO refuses all fomula, cows milk and any other drink I try to hide milk in. Health Visitor said that as long as she was having 2-3 portions of dairy in her diet (milk on cereal, cheese, yougart) that it was fine. She was just over 1 year when I got this advice as I was worried she would stop altogether.

I completely believe that BFing while pg during the first trimester is one of the most emotionally, physically, and metally exhausting things a mom can do. It's shattering. I remember times I just laid in bed, miserable, and let my baby play with one eye hardly cracked open to keep an eye on him. I was sure I would die from the effort.

The only thing I can say is that it does get easier after first tri. You sort of adjust, and while you remain tired, it isn't nearly as bad. The sore nipples generally stay around and are off and on itchy, but you adjust a bit to that, too.

The pains are probably contractions. BF causes contractions, but shouldn't be a danger to your beanie unless you have a history of miscarriage or preterm labor.

Because your LO is older, he'll probably self wean down to fewer feeds when you hit about 14-18 weeks and your milk changes. Until then, if you want him to cut down, you might have to force the issue. So, it depends on how willing you are to do that.

:hugs:

oh thank you sooooo much girls.
i dont want to stop, he's my lil prince. how can i deny him what he loves, i enjoy the hugs too!!! hehehee.
as i am quite large i have to underarm feed, so its very snuggly for him, i think this has made him even more clingy.
i cant seem to feed any other way apart from laid down.
i think i will just leave it as it is then, and grin and bare the pain and itchyness as he will probably wean himself off all by himself.
no point forcing the lil fella. xxx

thanks again ladies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"