Any advice would be greatly appreciated

malia

Trying for #2
Reaction score
Sorry - little bit of a long story.

So recently I have been in and out of hospital due to excessive fluid loss. On Monday, I had a speculum examination and the midwives said 'oh, your waters have definitely gone' because there were pools of fluid at my cervix, though my cervix was closed. However, the test they do to check if the fluid is amniotic came back negative. I had a scan, and my fluid level was 12, which they said was normal. I was sent home.

I was called back in on Friday for a follow up scan. Fluid levels were ok again at 12. I had another speculum and again the midwife said she could see big pools of fluid and she would be surprised if I hadn't ruptured. But again the test was negative.

Tonight, I am soaking through tena ladies and constantly leaking. Do you think it is possible for the tests to be wrong? How much discharge is normal?

Go back to the hospital. Soaking through pads is not normal. Really hope you get it sorted soon, must be so stressful for you. Good luck.

I am so so stressed, and especially so because I am a secondary school teacher so I spend my entire day on my feet, which cannot be helping if I am leaking my waters. It feels like every time I stand up I have a trickle/small gush, and sometimes when I change position or laugh. I don't know what to do. I am reluctant to go back to hospital again after being told twice that everything is fine. I don't want to waste people's time. But I don't feel like this much fluid can be normal

Pleeeeease can anyone tell me if they have experienced heavy discharge like this? It is clear and watery and has a light smell but I'm not sure how to describe it.

You're not wasting anyone's time by going back. There's obviously something going on and even if it's not your waters, it's causing you stress. That's a good enough reason to go get checked out again.

No experience sorry, but if it was me I would be back at the hospital getting checked out :hugs:

I just got out of bed and felt another rush of liquid. It's not massive amounts but it is there. Im going to have to call the ward again in the morning I think but I am so worried about taking another day off work - I've had way too many sick days already

Try not to worry about work as well, just take care of yourself and baby, that's the most important thing. Try to get some rest if you can :hugs:

The sick days can't be helped. Your health and your baby's has to come first. I hope they can give you an explanation for the fluid. Make sure you stress to then how worrying this is for you and also exactly how much fluid you're seeing. And maybe also ask about the test they're doing. I think it only measures ph in which case I wonder if it could be thrown off by the fluid collecting for a while or mixing with discharge. I don't know if that can happen but I'd ask how sure they are it's not amniotic fluid based on the negative test. The fact that your levels are good is reassuring though. Maybe it's just a very slow leak that will hopefully heal itself.

Maybe try going somewhere else? I wonder if it's being produced faster to try to replace loss. I have no clue if that is a thing. Wouldn't explain the negative tests, though.

I just did some looking around and read this on a forum elsewhere.

"If you get checked I would recommend an Amnisure test. The fern and nitrazine test came back negative for amniotic fluid, but the Amnisure came back positive. It's much more sensitive than the other tests."

So perhaps it is the test giving false negatives.

Malia, a friend of mine had a similar issue about a few years back and she was advised bed rest throughout her pregnancy. Her's was more severe than your's though.

The good news is she delivered normally and has a very active two year old :)

Hope everything works out for you...love and hugs
J

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this and offer advice.
I went in again today as I was still feeling lots of fluid loss. Again, the woman told me that she could see an 'unusual' mount of fluid pooling around my cervix, but baby seemed happy. The test came back negative again, so they are dismissing it as excessive watery discharge. It just seems like an awful lot to be discharge. The test they use is Amniquick so I'm going to obviously now google that like mad.

I am very grateful for the advice you have all offered.

Sorry to hear you still haven't got the reassurance. Hopefully it is just discharge and it eases off soon so you can have a break from the stress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->