Any bead/jewellery workers help please

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you lovely crafters can help me please?

I'm looking to make some personalised keyrings for family members, using beads for my children's names and little charms at the end.

I put based some head pins and eyepins but they seem to small to put name on, so I was wondering what to use? Beading wire?

Also how would I finish the end? I know if a charm is to be attached to make a hook with round nose pliers but what if I don't want a charm and just want it to end after the last bead?

Thank you!

You could try tiger wire and finish either by making a small loop with the wire with a crimp bead and attach the charm to this loop or use a clam shell and crimp mead and attach the charm to the small metal loop on there. Sorry not the best explanation, I'm on my phone but you will need tiger wire, pliers, crimps and possibly clams, jump rings, head pins depending on what you wanted to do with the charm. Alternatively braclet elastic would probably work.

Thank you Hun.

What if I don't want to attach a charm at the end? How do you finish off the wire so the beads don't fall off? Iykwim?

Xx

Ribbon would work if the holes in your beads are wide enough, if you don't want a charm on the end I would be tempted to use ribbon and tie a knot on the end or do the sane with braclet elastic. If you want to use the tiger wire still make a small loop at the end threading it back through a crimp. Use an additional crimp after your last bead too so if one comes loose you wont lose all your lovely beads.

You've inspired me with your project, can't wait til summer holidays start now to get all mine out again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->