• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Bostonians starting IVF?

Thanks ladies. I feel so relieved! Hopefully they see whatever they need to see during my ultrasound (and with the bloodwork) Friday to let me start the stims. DC: Do you remember how long were you on stims before triggering?

Notopt - So glad you get to keep your appointment on Friday! I've heard once you start stims everything moves quickly (of course until the 2WW).

Everyone - Thanks so much for all the advice about BDs! I chugged a bottle of water this morning and wore a sweater AND jacket while I waited so I didn't get cold. Anyway, my arm was really sore but they got the vein on the first try and my progesterone was a 9.7! I'm still waiting on the nurse to call me, but I assume I'll start the Lupron tomorrow morning. Its pretty twisted that I'm really excited to start injections, but I suppose thats the mindf**k that is IVF. Hopefully the shots don't hurt too much...

Hey there- here are all my notes for the IVF cycle. Hopefully it will help you, although everyone is very different! A girl sent me her notes, and I was constantly comparing myself to hers. She triggered a few days earlier than me, and had ICSI too. Let me know if you have any questions! Without this, I wouldn't remember anything... the whole thing was a world wind!

5/29/12 Progesterone: 2.40 ng/mL
6/1/12 Progesterone: 8.92 ng/mL
6/2/12 Begin Lupron: 10 units (5:55a)
6/13/12 AF
6/14/12 Baseline Day! Progesterone: 0.71 ng/mL, Estradiol: 29 pg/mL
Begin Follitsm: 225 units (between 7-7:30p), Lower Lupron to 5 units (5:55a)
6/19/12 Estradiol: 388 pg/mL
6/21/12 Estradiol: 1174 pg/mL, Lining: 9.2mm
Right Ovary: Two Measured: 14x11 and 12x12mm
Left Ovary: Two Measured: 18x13, 15x12mm
6/22/12 Estradiol: 1743 pg/mL, Lining: 11.0mm
Right Ovary: Four Measured: 15x12, 13x9, 14x12, 15x12 mm
Left Ovary: Four Measured: 16x13, 13x11, 16x13, 15x12 mm
6/23/12 Estradiol: 2348 pg/mL, Lining 15.1 mm
Right Ovary: Three Measured: 18x13, 16x10, 15x8 mm
Left Ovary: Five Measured: 16x14, 17x12, 18x15, 16x14, 16x15 mm
6/24/12 Estradiol: 3644 pg/mL, Lining: 12.5 mm
Right Ovary: Four Measured: 19x13, 21x13, 16x13, 19x14 mm
Left Ovary: Eight Measured: 19x16, 18x14, 26x20, 18x14, 18x16, 16x14, 18x12, 19x18 mm
6/24/12: Trigger at 8:30p
6/26/12: Retrieval at 8:30a, 19 eggs, 11 fertilized
6/29/12: Transfer at 12p: 2, 8-cell embryos (0 fragment and 1 fragment)
7/2/12: Froze 3 embryos at Day 5
7/5/12: 6DP3DT: BFN
7/6/12: 7DP3DT: very very very faint BFP
7/12/12: BETA: 161 (13DP3DT, 16 DPO)
7/16/12: BETA: 737 (17DP3DT, 20DPO)
7/24/12: US: heartbeat 109, 6.0 weeks

DC, thanks so much for sending your notes along -- it's really helpful to see the progression and get a better sense of the timing. As you know, I haven't received my protocol yet, so I feel pretty in the dark still. This helps!

Whatthe, I definitely understand what you said about being ready to start the freaking injections already. The waiting game is a lot to handle. I'm sort of ignorant of progesterone levels -- it sounds like your number is very good?

Notopt - So glad you get to keep your appointment on Friday! I've heard once you start stims everything moves quickly (of course until the 2WW).

Everyone - Thanks so much for all the advice about BDs! I chugged a bottle of water this morning and wore a sweater AND jacket while I waited so I didn't get cold. Anyway, my arm was really sore but they got the vein on the first try and my progesterone was a 9.7! I'm still waiting on the nurse to call me, but I assume I'll start the Lupron tomorrow morning. Its pretty twisted that I'm really excited to start injections, but I suppose thats the mindf**k that is IVF. Hopefully the shots don't hurt too much...

Septbride - You'll probably get your tentative schedule tomorrow during the class, so you don't have to be in the dark too much longer! Apparently a progesterone level above 3 indicates ovulation, so I suppose 9 is good, but I don't think it really matters since I'll be medicated from here on out anyway.

DC - Thanks for sharing! You certainly kept detailed notes...I'll try to do the same so I don't forget everything. How was the HCG shot?

dc - thanks for the notes - very comprehensive! If I base it on your schedule, I'd be going in August 8th for ER. :) Working at Brigham was a huge benefit for you huh? At one point you went in four days in a row!

Whatthe, wow, I'm so glad you told me about the schedule coming our way so soon. That's super exciting. Congrats on the progesterone!

Yes DC, I'm definitely going to follow your lead and keep those notes as well.

Notopt, August 8 is right around the corner!

Thanks for all the support and chit chat, ladies. It's incredibly helpful to talk with people in the same boat.

dc - thanks for the notes - very comprehensive! If I base it on your schedule, I'd be going in August 8th for ER. :) Working at Brigham was a huge benefit for you huh? At one point you went in four days in a row!

I'm not going to lie, the look of the HCG needle was terrifying. I didn't actually look at it until that day, kind of by accident I guess, but when I came across it, I was scared. It is a lot bigger then the Lupron needles, but honestly, the actual shot wasn't bad. I just iced my butt for about 5 minutes and took a shot of vodka (haha, just kidding)! But I really did ice my butt :)

I was nervous that my husband wouldn't be able to do it, I thought he would chicken out with 1/2 the needle in, I was afraid he wouldn't be able to draw back to make sure there was no blood... but I stressed a lot over nothing.

There are videos on youtube you can look it, unfortunately, I didn't find them until after we did it!

Yes, working here has been awesome for this... except yesterday my husband and I were sneaking around the hospital, so no one would see me!! My office is literally right down the hall from ultrasound.

Those 4 days in a row- it was also a Saturday and Sunday, which stinks! If you have to go on a weekend, get in there early, like 630-645, the room fills up so quick!

Yes, I told one woman I work with my husband and I were trying to get pregnant, only because I work in MRI, and I didn't want to be around the scanners... my last MC I had, I was right in the scan room. They are probably totally unrelated, but I'm paranoid. She told me she completely understood, and conceived her son (4 yrs old) through IUI. So then I opened up about IVF. It has been nice to talk with her about it. Then another girl I work with came right out and asked me if I was pregnant the other day!!! I was like, why?! She said I got a phone call and have been really happy since (it was the doctor telling me my HCG levels)- so I confessed to her, she knew about the previous miscarriages- so probably assumed we were still trying, but she doesn't know it's IVE. I told her it was still really early, and not to say anything. She hasn't really asked since.

Septbride - Hope your class goes well this morning and you get your protocol/schedule!

DC- Thanks for the tips on the HCG. I know I'm a long way away from doing it, but I tend to get ahead of myself. Glad your husband didn't chicken out!

Everyone - 1 Lupron shot down, 40 bajillion to go! I did it myself and I thought I wouldn't feel anything, but I definitely did (also, I'm doing diluted lupron so I have to do 20 units....anyone else do this?) It wasn't exactly painful, but it makes me very afraid for when we add in Menopur and Gonal-F. One day at a time though, right? Anyway, I leave this afternoon for Martha's Vineyard and will be back next Friday...I'm very excited! Also, my Lupron is in a cooler pack in my work fridge....hope nobody gets curious and looks inside. I'll be thinking of you ladies while I'm away!

Notopt- Good luck with starting stims this weekend, you're getting closer to the end goal!

dc - It's good that you have a couple people at your office to confide in but I'm surprised one of them asked you if you were pregnant! Did you say, "what, do I look pregnant?" Actually, one of the women I work with did ask me that too recently, and she knows my background. I asked her if she thought I was putting on weight or something. She said I was glowing. I guess I needed to powder my nose. ;) I've told my manager about the ivf mostly because I may need him or others to cover for me when I have to be out for the surgery and transfer. I had also told him about my miscarriages as they were happening. He's very understanding and supportive - I'm very lucky.

whatthe - Enjoy your vacation! I think you will get used to the shots. Maybe try a different location? I've been alternating between thighs and stomach. Try not to hesitate because that makes things worse. I didn't use diluted lupron. I do 10 units of lupron (it's called leuprolide though - I think it's a generic version).

DC, that is nice that you have people to talk to at the office. The only coworker I've told lives in New Zealand. I guess I'm feeling a little cagey :)

Whatthe, nice work on the Lupron shot! Hope you have a great time on MV and that you get used to the shots quickly. Seems like it might be nice to be away from work/day to day stuff while you're taking the shots.

Everyone, the class was so helpful and I finally got my protocol! I'll be doing an antagonist protocol with Gonal F, Menopur and Ganirelix. I'll only be on BCP for around 10 days, which is great. I was worried I would have to be on it for a whole cycle. I'm pretty freaked out by the injection process -- not so much worried about the needles, but concerned that I'll screw up my dosage or something.

septbride - So no luteal lupron protocol for you! I took a look online to see what your protocol entailed and what Ganirelex does. One positive aspect to your protocol is that you get to start with birth control pills rather than injections! Did they tell you when you will start the BCP?

I understand your concern with messing up the dosages. It's tough in the morning because you are still just waking up, but if you feel anxious about it, maybe you can have your husband double check before you do the injections. I'm nervous about adding the stims (follistim) because I have to use a pen for that one and it seemed not so straight-forward when I watched the video online.

Everyone: Add another "worry" to my list - I am still only spotting today, so no AF yet. I called the doctor's office and they told me to come in anyway tomorrow morning for the ultrasound and bloodwork, but I've been reading online and it seems that I won't get to start the stims until I get AF - real AF - not just spotting!

Yes, you're right -- nice to skip a shot! It looks like they've put me on an aggressive protocol because I will probably be a low responder given my low AMH level and abysmal AFC. :wacko: I start the BCP on day 2 or 3 of my next cycle, which should begin August 3. Then I'll have a second period in mid-August and begin the Gonal-F and Menopur. I'm just happy to finally know the date range we're looking at. My best friend's wedding is 9/30, so I was worried my ET would fall right then, but my best guess now is that it will be around 9/15.

Good idea to have my husband double check the dosages. Here's hoping that between the two of us, we can keep it straight! I think I use a pen for the Gonal-F. The nice thing with that is that the needles look pretty small.

I *think* that if the Lupron pushes your cycle out, they'll just adjust your timetable accordingly. Maybe DC knows?

septbride - So no luteal lupron protocol for you! I took a look online to see what your protocol entailed and what Ganirelex does. One positive aspect to your protocol is that you get to start with birth control pills rather than injections! Did they tell you when you will start the BCP?

I understand your concern with messing up the dosages. It's tough in the morning because you are still just waking up, but if you feel anxious about it, maybe you can have your husband double check before you do the injections. I'm nervous about adding the stims (follistim) because I have to use a pen for that one and it seemed not so straight-forward when I watched the video online.

Everyone: Add another "worry" to my list - I am still only spotting today, so no AF yet. I called the doctor's office and they told me to come in anyway tomorrow morning for the ultrasound and bloodwork, but I've been reading online and it seems that I won't get to start the stims until I get AF - real AF - not just spotting!

So, I got my af when I woke up this morning and then I had to go in for the ultrasound and bloodwork, so today is cd1. I am waiting to hear from the nurse, but I did see my blood test results online and my progeterone is .44 and estradiol is 18 so if all looks ok on my ultrasound hopefully I can start stimulating tonight. We'll see!

sept - August 3rd is ...next week! You must be excited to be getting started soon. Hopefully all goes on schedule and you will have plenty of time to recover after the ER and ET before your friend's wedding. I also have a wedding to go to about a week or so after my ET. It's wedding season!

That's great news about AF! Fingers crossed that all looks good on the ultrasound. Keep us posted. Could you remind me when your ET is happening? That's good that you'll have time to recover before your friend's wedding. I'm worried that my ET will somehow magically fall right on her wedding day...but I guess the odds of that are slim!

Yes, I'm so excited to get my AF and start on BCP...things you don't expect to say when you're TTC!

QUOTE=notoptimistic;19989527]So, I got my af when I woke up this morning and then I had to go in for the ultrasound and bloodwork, so today is cd1. I am waiting to hear from the nurse, but I did see my blood test results online and my progeterone is .44 and estradiol is 18 so if all looks ok on my ultrasound hopefully I can start stimulating tonight. We'll see!

sept - August 3rd is ...next week! You must be excited to be getting started soon. Hopefully all goes on schedule and you will have plenty of time to recover after the ER and ET before your friend's wedding. I also have a wedding to go to about a week or so after my ET. It's wedding season![/QUOTE]

My friend's wedding day, that is. Sorry, confusing!

That's great news about AF! Fingers crossed that all looks good on the ultrasound. Keep us posted. Could you remind me when your ET is happening? That's good that you'll have time to recover before your friend's wedding. I'm worried that my ET will somehow magically fall right on her wedding day...but I guess the odds of that are slim!

Yes, I'm so excited to get my AF and start on BCP...things you don't expect to say when you're TTC!

QUOTE=notoptimistic;19989527]So, I got my af when I woke up this morning and then I had to go in for the ultrasound and bloodwork, so today is cd1. I am waiting to hear from the nurse, but I did see my blood test results online and my progeterone is .44 and estradiol is 18 so if all looks ok on my ultrasound hopefully I can start stimulating tonight. We'll see!

sept - August 3rd is ...next week! You must be excited to be getting started soon. Hopefully all goes on schedule and you will have plenty of time to recover after the ER and ET before your friend's wedding. I also have a wedding to go to about a week or so after my ET. It's wedding season!
[/QUOTE]

Hi ladies! Congrats on AF ;) The Follistim pen does look confusing at first, but don't worry, it's easier than you think! That was a big worry of mine too! And the nurses call all the time (with levels and to adjust the dosage, so you are constantly being reminded what to do)- you guys will be fine! If I could do it, anyone can :) When I started doing the injections I felt so lost... then I thought of this girl I know, who has twins from IVF, and thought, if she can do it, I totally can :)

Do you have the results from the ultrasound yet?

I don't know if this is possible, Sept Bride, but if it looks like you are going to have the retrieval around that time (the transfer is fine, they barely put you on any rest, I would just take it easy and fake a sprained ankle :)... maybe they can slow down your stims so you can trigger a day later? It's probably worth asking?

Yay! This is all happening so quick for everyone! I'm so excited :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->