Any Brides 2 Be using the Sunbeds?

mysteriouseye

Pregnant with No.3
Reaction score
I am getting married in October this year and today I went on the Sunbed for 8 minutes (first time) I am anxious and I am not sure when I should next go on the Sunbed? Obviously I just want a glow I am already brown thanks to my Hispanic genes but I just want a nice glow... I would use a spray tan but I am scared it will rub off on my dress xx

Please think of the risks of the sunbed before you use them any further. I lost a good friend to skin cancer and she was an avid sunbed user. As for spray tans, as long as you use a good one (st tropez) they will not rub off. If you use a cheap one or try and do it yourself they will. Have a trial as a shop first and see what you think.

Eight minutes is a lot at first isn't it? I dunno, I have no idea about these things.

I am renewing my vows next year in Lanzarote and was considering a sun bed, but I am going to take onboard what Danielle wrote, I wont get a fake tan (don't think lots of swimming etc will be good for it) but just hope I can get some sort of a tan during the summer.

Yeah 8 mins is a lot especially for a first time, be careful. I'm not going to be using them as I like being pasty haha! I would also be a bit wary of fake tan, I had a professional one done once and it still rubbed off and I looked very silly! Xx

I have olive skin and could go on for 8 mins first time no probs it just depends on skin type. I will be going on before wedding. X

If you don't have skin that reddens easily then 8 minutes will probably be ok, I started at 6 minutes and switched to 9 quickly. That said, I no longer use them. I have thought about going on for just a few sessions before the wedding but I'm not sure - I'm scared of the risks now to be honest.

I've never had a spray tan but I've heard some can be really good! You could ask around for people's opinions on places where you live?

Since you're hispanic and just want a nice glow, you could try just putting on a little of the moisturiser with a hint of self-tan? I don't really think sun-beds are worth the risk at all. xx

I used tanning bed when i was 18 (stopepd when i found out i was pregnant) i wanted a nice glow before my holiday to Lanzarote (i eneded up being12 weeks preg when i went) and for your first session she said no more then 3 min then you work your way up.

Id pop to a salon and talk about spray tans though hun. not worth the risk :) xxx

I am using a versa-sun booth for a spray tan a couple days before my wedding. Absolutely brilliant. I did a test-run to be sure.

I am really pale so was worried about it looking orange but it looked really natural.

My friend had one done a few days before her wedding and said it didnt rub off :) xx

Nope. That is why I had a tester.

The one I am getting is clear. You choose what shade you want, in my case medium and is sprays you as you stand in certain positions.

It then activates and gets darker over the course if eight hours. I had a little bit in my bra when I took it off but other than that, absolutely nothing came off. Just wear loose clothing the day you get it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->