Any Cath Lab Nurses?

Blessed09

Reaction score
Hi all,

My husband and I are planning on TTC in the next month or so, and I recently started a job in a cardiac cath lab. it sounds like I will be spending half of my time in the holding area, and half of my time in the lab during procedures.

I am concerned about the potential radiation hazards... does anyone have any advice?

I'm not a cath lab nurse, but I am a nursing student who just got put into our cath lab rotation!

When I was in the lab last week I was absolutely not allowed in the procedure room while my patient had a perma-cath put in. I had to stay in the holding area far, far away from any of the fun stuff. If you do become pregnant I would inform them right away, even with lead I would be leary of any harmful effects especially early on in development.

From a TTC standpoint, be sure you ALWAYS gear up in as much lead as you can. I've see so many nurses hardly toss an apron on...let alone any other protective gear. I'm not talking about the 60+ sweethearts who have long since passed their fertile days either. Makes me cringe every time.

Thanks for the input! Nobody at work knows we are TCC, so I guess for now I will be extra extra safe!It's crazy how some people in healthcare pay no attention to safety...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->