Any Cerebral Palsy parents out there :)

Lol, about the pinching thing. I can see why it might not go over well as sometimes, pinching leads to punching. :p We didnt celebrate this year, stayed in bed watching the parades on tv. Blah. I hope all these viruses just die and leave ppl alone. Hope you guys stay well :hugs: rest and heal dear.

My husband was admitted into hospital on Wednesday and he is still in there. Earliest they may release him is monday. He has MRSA in his lungs causing a terrible pneumonia. His kidneys are having trouble from all the toxins. He is very frail right now :(

Aw man. Hugs hon
Hope u r holding up ok xxx
Prayers he is better soon. Xxx

He's coming home today! :happydance: Hes in a lot of pain but his chest xray had shown improvement with the new antibiotic they are giving him. It's so wierd, we all just started with a virus and my husband ended up fighting for his life because of an opportunistic bacteria. Hes off work for a while and it will be nice to have him home.

Hurray he is coming home Xx
Hugs hon.
Ye hve had a hard time lately Xx
Fx for all good news now Xx

Hey there! Just wondering how my Irish friends are doing. How's S? Hope things are going well and you are feeling better.

Thanks hon.
Was a rough few weeks but I'm much better now thanks. Xxx
How are ye
How's hubby
Sorry I've been a bit absent
Xx

No worries hun. Things get crazy and I completely understand. I have been absent as well, too much going on to concentrate on much of anything. DH is home but he is acting completely crazy. Its like he is in hyper drive all the time, making impulse decisions, being hyper sexual, being aggressive and mean, not sleeping. I don't know what to do with him anymore. Its bad enough that he has to see a doctor today to make sure the medication he's on isn't causing all these crazy symptoms. In the week he has been home he has argued with me everyday, demanded sex or said he would get it elsewhere, and got us evicted from our townhouse by calling the landlord and making a bunch of crazy demands for new appliances and carpet. He is saying all sorts of crazy stuff and is manic acting. He has always been a pain in the arse but not like THIS. Hes bever been this aggressive and distracted. I cant even let him drive because he almost wrecked our car twice with me and the baby inside. I really don't know what to do, I hate the thought of splitting up my family and I need his income to stay with DD and coordinate her care. But the things he is doing is becoming a danger to our livelihood. Sorry for the rant hun. I really have no other outlet and its nice just to let it out.

Oh God, hugs hon.
Could it be the tablets?
It sounds like he is very unstable
My Sis just split up with her partner cos he is mentally unwell
She tried to help for ages
But,all help was rejected so she had to go
Hugs, vent all u like
I'm here xxx
It does help,a little to get it out
Would he hve to pay child support if u split
I'm not sure Howe yr system works
Hope things improve x

Yes, he would have to pay child support but the courts can be pretty lenient on that. I've heard some mothers say they only get $60 a month! That wouldnt pay the light bill. He has begged to stay and is trying to change but I am still weighing other options. He is seeing a doctor and they said the steroid treatments he recieved in hospital could cause some of this. He has always struggled with ADHD but its like 10 times worse now. He gets all wound up and says terrible things then cant even remember what he has said. I wanna explode most of the day, so now im in the docs office to start treatment for depression and anxiety. Thyroid is off again and swollen on right side. What a mess. DD is doing really well, picking up more words and constantly on the move. Love her, thank God I have her. Your poor sis, I feel her pain, 13 yrs and im ready to walk cause my husband cant cope. :( You are so sweet, thank you for listening/reading :hugs:

Well DH just called and said the docs diagnosed him with bipolar disorder. Not a suprise really, he has been manic for some time now. What we were mistaking for ADHD was mania from being bipolar. Feels good to have an answer. He was so manic that they gave him a medication right in the office. He said he felt tons better after only 20 min. He was talking slower, making sense, and was very sorry for being a super ass for so long. Thats a 180° turn. Now to clean up the mess he made and see what the future holds if he stays on his medications. A womans work is never done.

Hugs hon.
Great for diagnosis and drugs.
He could be a new man on them.
Here's hoping xxx
My thyroid is screwy too.
I think stress affects it big time.
I've no eyebrows hardly again
I've been feeling tired and down.
Was thinking of antidepressants last week
But I've turned the corner again.
Stupid thyroid. Kicking us while we r down.
Hugs honey. Xx
I'm glad ur telling me stuff.
I'm here for Good and bad stuff Xx
I consider u a friend hon. Xxx,

Happy Easter!

Thanks so much dear. I need a friend right now. DH has been behaving strangely today, very childish acting, not just regular men being brats stuff either. Like obsessing over toys and games and popcorn. He has been eating popcorn a couple times a day for a while now, no problem there. Problem is DD loves it but cant physically eat it without choking. Yet he insists on eating it in front of her and trying to keep her out of it even though it causes her to throw a fit and he gets all pissed that she wont leave him alone. :wacko: Ive told him to take it into another room or just ask for "popcorn time" and ill take the baby in another room. So far this has not worked. Im at my wits end with this. He has almost regressed to a childlike state and its like he sees our daughter as competition. Im afraid hes broken beyond repair. Hes talking alot about his childhood and toys and things. Im worried this new medication is causing more trouble than helping.

Wah phone ate post again

Hugs hon
Maybe it takes time for meds?
My bro is on antidepressants for years
Last lot didn't work
When he switched
It took 3-4 weeks tokick in

Thanks dear, :hugs:

The doc switched his meds, they put him on an antipsychotic for the first try. It worked for a day then his behavior got worse. He is on an anti seizure med now and its helping a little better. Hes still nervous and manic but not to the extremes. We have to increase it gradually over the next week. Ive packed him a bag and told him I will take him to his mothers if he doesn't comply with the doctors. His pneumonia is healing nicely but hes been put off work another week for his mental state. My mom is helping me and if all else fails I can take kiddo and go back home. My pride hurts just saying it, but Hayley has to come first.

Hugs hon
U and hayley both come first Xx
I know it might sound harsh since he is sick
But u can't sacrifice both ur Health to try salvage his
Hugs, my heart goes out to u
My dad has suffered with depression as long as I can remember
He keeps taking himself off his meds
He thinks I'm good nowmaybe I don't need them
Then he goes way down.
Until finally Dr persuade him back on them
Stupid cycle he has repeated so often
But its all part of the illness
No quick fix
Hugs again.

I'm in a bit of s funk
Seeing the glass half empty instead of half. Full at the mo
Think I'm heading for first af
I can't stop being sad.
I don't like it
I'm normally happy enough

:hugs: hun. I hope things have turned for you :hugs: Honestly you deserve your sadness, its only a problem if it takes over. I went back on my antidepressant meds two weeks ago. I wasn't coping inhealthy ways and my health has suffered. Thyroid outta whack, periods gone (2 weeks late not pregnant), gaining weight, loosing weight, constant brain fog, moody and just miserable. Thats when I head to the docs. I usually cope very well to high stress, was a 911 dispatch operator for 5 yrs, worked several high stress jobs.....but now, im just not coping well. Although, in my defense, the shit is deep my friend. DH has flipped, we got bad news from genetics, DDs having feeding issues and her CBC is looking like she lives at altitude. Ugh. Its a mess! Genetics is checking kiddo for mitchondrial diseases and lysosomal storage diseases. Those are bad. Lysosomal storage disease especially. It kills kiddos. :( Im sick with worry and waiting on tests. DH cant handle the stress of talking about it. It almost breaks him. So I feel kind of alone in this. His mental health is fragile, DDs overall health is fragile and I feel like Im running in molasses. Sorry for the rant, it feelsgood to get it out though.

So more bad news from testing. Hayleys pyruvate levels are low and her lactate acid/pyruvate ratio is high. This is evidence of metabolic problems on a cellular level. Im crushed. Terrified I called the on call genetics doc at 6pm on a Friday. From her home she explained to me that there wasn't anything I could do but watch Hayleys vitals and if she seems overly lethargic or is having trouble breathing to go to ER. We have to wait until the middle of next week to see if they have enough test results to diagnose anything. Most of these disorders seem to have no treatment, or a poor prognosis. The docs are being wierd, I feel like someone isn't telling me something. Im utterly terrified.

Oh God
Hugs hon xxx
Hoping hayley and u get some good news on tests soon
I hate when u feel docs aren't being fully straight with u
Hope u get some answers soon
Good answers I mean xxx

Hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads