Any combination feeding moms on here?

fashionlover

Reaction score
I am breastfeeding my baby after a month. She seems to be gaining ok but I do not think my milk is satisfying her. She will cry even when on the boob, root after an hour of feeding, and 30 minutes later go back for more. I am at my wits end with feeling like I am not satisfying her appetite and worrying all the time. I am thinking of starting to integrate formula (PLEASE DON'T JUDGE) to help fill her belly. First, I was wondering how, if any of you ladies started introducing it? And what is the best formula you have found...I live in the US mind you so brands may be different overseas.

:wacko:

I'd hold off on introducing any bottles until after she's gone through the 6 week growth spurt. After 6-8 weeks they get more efficient at eating, and therefore quicker and less often. What you are describing sounds like completely normal behaviour for a little baby. You are satisfying her, its just the nature of breastfeeding a newborn means frequent small feeds.

I combi fed both from birth due to a number of difficulties. At 4 weeks with both of them I was doing my best to get rid of bottles and formula.

All formula is pretty much the same. What works for one baby won't always work for another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->