any completely disagree with Due date?

emeeorevan

Expecting Miracle #3
Reaction score
Hey ladies. I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow (according to one DD) or 33 weeks Tuesday according to first DD.
either way I totally disagree with docs. I know when my window conception was and the docs will not acknowledge it!!
baby is big. Doc suspected GD but tests are all clear.
I know I have big babies and early babies. ( I feel like a broken record cause I've mentioned this many times on here sorry) but ds#1 born 37 weeks 8lbs nearly 21inches, ds#2 born 38weeks 9lbs over 21 inches..
this Baby is in 89th percentile for height (size) and weight!
so long story short I say I'm closer to 35-36 but doc says I'm 33-34. I'm scared that if she's born when my boys were (my 37-38 week) docs will say she is 35-36 and premature no matter how big she is. Any experience?
P.s. Don't get me wrong, I Don't want her out too early with my timeline and history there is a good possibly she will be here by Christmas and if not doc does want to induce on Dec 30 but I'm worried about her being here too early (according to docs) due to my stress level at work and the amount of lower pains I've been having.
what would they do if she is born early? As long she is a healthy weight and is breathing on her own what else will they try? I dont want her in Nicu unless needed.

Well i worked my due date out the 16th feb. Midwife got 19th feb. Scan has put me at the 11th feb. So im about a week further than i actually am.

my friends due the 6th feb yet her last period started 2 days after mine. My midwife said that they now base it on fetal size instead of last period. She said there seems to be alot more people induced now and she thinks that could be why.

its bad that they wont listen. I tracked my cycles so i know x

Thanks, glad to know I'm not the only one. DH and are not (guess I should say were not as things picked up during pregnancy) very sexually active when this happened and were not trying. We are usually very careful and I know our 'dates' that we dtd as we have two very active boys and a very hectic work schedules. I think we conceived late in my cycle (close to next period dates) and docs said it was "too unusual" but I did not have another period so I know I'm at least a week maybe two ahead of what doc says.
I just scared that baby might be placed on Nicu for no reason other than the due dates are off. I want to exclusively breast feed and I can't do that if they take her to nicu! I know here that the FORCE formula and I hate it!! Of course her heath comes first but I don't like the hospital "policies" around here.

If I were you I'd just be prepared to deliver a few weeks early! You know your body best.... I'm not even going by weight of baby this time! Last time they told me my baby was very tiny , I went intoabor on my DD and they said my ultrasound read barely 6 lbs if I was lucky he'd be that big .... They guessed even less! Well a few hrs later he came out at 8.4oz ...... Ya and I felt every bit of that unexpected extra 2.5lbs!!! Lol

Im pretty sure im at least 3-4 days behind the doctor and and my first scan ended up making a mistake and noted me down as im due 13th but ultrasound cd shows 18th clearly so im about 41 weeks today

It doesn't matter how early they are, as long as they are breathing normally, eating on their own and thriving, they will be sent home. I had a 34 weeker and a 36 weeker and one stayed in for 3 days and one for the typical 48. I have early babies too, but they tend to be healthy and not too small, although still considered premature, there were never any special measures that needed taken besides some jaundice in both babies.

I have always trusted my gut on this.

With DD I KNEW when I concieved and I kept telling them that only no one listened. By the time I had her she was a bit big. Had long nails all the tells of an overdue baby. My placenta came out in pieces. It was a mess.

Same with my DS I knew when I concieved. And he was born late too. All the tells.

According to them (Dr's) they were on time or early. Even though the nurse agreed with me.
Again this time I know when I concieved and I've been going by that. I've measured for that date both in fundal height and baby's measurements. But my office doesn't change days.

So I'm just hoping by 37 weeks I can start doing everything to get him out! Ha! I can dream right?

Even though my midwife agreed he may be early this time. I sure hope so. I'm already sore.

I'm so glad you asked this. I conceived "impossibly" late in my cycle. I've had my due date changed 3 times. My LMP was May 1st. AF should've arrived on May 28th at LATEST. I conceived May 25th. They assume I have my dates wrong. I don't.

My "due date" is Febuary 21st -according to doc... But I think my due date should be February 15th. I don't "think", I KNOW. I can't shake that feeling. They can scan and repeat themselves till they're blue in the face- I just do not agree.

It DOES matter IMO. If your due date is off, it could affect your decision making process and the care you receive. I agree with previous poster- going with my gut! And it's my first baby, so I really have no clue. Maybe I'm wrong- but good luck convincing me of that! Lol

Good to know I'm not alone. :hugs:

I disagree completely! They say my dd is dec 25th. But I did the math during ttc. And after,..... they told me 25th. I would have had implantation on april 12th to be due on dec 25th. But I already had my bfp days before that. So......its not possible. I told my doctors this but they didnt listen. The only thing that worried me about this is ...if I pass my due date (on the 19th which is more likely due to ttc records and one ultrasound I had at the emergency room) and the placenta starts to deteriorate, it could be a bad situation because they think im not as far along in my pregnancy. I think doctors should listen to their patients and take in to account what we feel is going on. We know our bodies best. Especially while ttc.
I may not have to worry about going past my "due date" because I am pretty sure my baby has dropped and the contractions ive been getting since 19weeks are getting more and more intense. We will see!

They moved me forward a week so it's in my favour atm, as in they'll be inducing me earlier than they state. So according to them i'd be 42 weeks if left that late, when according to my dates i'd be 41 weeks, so the safety factor is in my favour. They did the same with dd. Moved me a week earlier. According to their dates she was born 41 weeks but according to my dates was born at 40 weeks. Although having said that, they stated my placenta was gritty and showed age so maybe I just grow them quick so despite the dates showing an age they do age quicker inside than the dates would suggest.

They wouldn 't send a baby to nice etc unless needed no matter what age they appear to be.

I'd only worry about dates not correlating if it meant that them waiting until their 42 weeks to induce was significantl over for my dates as past 42 weeks placenta etc can start to become less efficient. If it started to get near to my 42 weeks a corroding to my dates i'd be asking for increased monitoring if they weren't willing to budge on their dates to make sure despite baby being in lo get according to me, that all is still well.

I'm another one who knows exactly when I conceived, I KNOW when I ovulated, my first scan at nine weeks give me a due date of 31st December, but it didn't match up to my conception date, my second ultrasound at twelve weeks matched up to my conception date and gave me a due date of 27th December.

But they refused to go by the 12 week scan because it was a private one and said they have to go by the one I had at 9 weeks. They can go with that all they like but I know exactly when I conceived so I'm sticking with that.

It's a real shame that they refuse to listen.

Thanks ladies. I think its crazy that they won't listen. But I believe my doc is 'listening' in a way as he is ok with inducing at 38 weeks (his date) which is 39-40 weeks my DD. So I will not go over either way.
I sure hope you ladies are right about not going to NICU unless absolutely needed!
baby has definitely dropped and I can't sleep for having to pee every thirty minutes!!argh! Cervical pain, hip pain, and waddling all suggest that I could go anytime in the next 4 weeks. (I've never gone over 38weeks with my last two, but watch, this lo will be the one that stays put but causes extreme symptom spotting!!

Ahhhh. Labor symptom spotting. Lol. I feel like I'm in the 2ww again!! :)

However in 2 weeks I will be symptom spotting.

Oh my goodness, the two week wait! I forgot how hard that was :rofl:

I'm another one who knows exactly when I conceived, I KNOW when I ovulated, my first scan at nine weeks give me a due date of 31st December, but it didn't match up to my conception date, my second ultrasound at twelve weeks matched up to my conception date and gave me a due date of 27th December.

But they refused to go by the 12 week scan because it was a private one and said they have to go by the one I had at 9 weeks. They can go with that all they like but I know exactly when I conceived so I'm sticking with that.

It's a real shame that they refuse to listen.

I remember being in the ttc forum and tww forum at the same time as you. And I got bfp just over a week before you did. Im sure that we know better than the ultrasound what our edd is. Im so sure about it ive been preparing for baby to come earlier than they expect.

Hi jz.

Yep I remember that too! :) seems just two minutes ago huh? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->