Any current or previous Pre-Eclampsia sufferers here?

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
My last pregnancy I had pre-eclampsia and had to deliver at 33 weeks due to its affect on my placenta. I had ZERO symptoms except a BP that shot up within days.
This time I’ve had high BP for a few weeks now, started on labetalol last week(already on 150mg aspirin) and at my appt yesterday my BP has stabilised. However I now have 0.3g of protein in my urine, does anyone know if that’s high??
Today I have pain in my ribs and I’m dizzy and very tired
I’m worried because I’m only 24+4 this time and very scared of having to deliver earlier this time.
Any experiences from anyone else? Or anyone got these symptoms developing so early?

I had pre eclampsia with my now nearly 9 year old dd.
It started with swollen ankles and feet at 27 weeks.
I had headaches as well.
I had terrible TMI diareah at 31 weeks and had to go in hospital. They made me do a wee sample and it came out pink. Was told it had protein in it and when they did my BP it was crazy high.
I was told I had HELP Syndrome which is a severe form of pre eclampsia and was prepped for a section dead on 32 weeks.
However by some miracle they gave me some blood pressure Tablet which brought my BP down.
I ended up not needing the section and was instead induced at 35+4 weeks due to pre eclampsia and ICP.

Really hope they can control ure BP this time hon and u make it to full term.
I will say tho I did not get pre eclampsia at all with my next 2 pregnancies.
Hope u do not get it.

I’d really recommend joining Preeclampsia, Eclampsia and Help Survivors support network on Facebook. I’ve had it in both my pregnancies and this group is awesome and moderated by experts, doctors and fellow survivors.

If you have pain on the right side below your ribs I’d definitely call your L and D and let them know as soon as possible and let them decide if you need to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->