any edinburgh ladies

weewdy

Reaction score
We are off to edinburgh for a week and was wondering you can recommend anywhere i could take my 15 month old. We will be going to the zoo but wondering where else we could go.

Camera Obscura is great fun. Lots for a 15 month old to do as it's lots of mirros and lights etc.

Dynamic Earth is another good one, it's very interactive.

If you have a car, about a 20 minute drive down the by pass is East Links. Which is where we go regularly. If has animals to feed, play parks, a big climbing place, things to ride (that kids can sit on with animals), a ball center. It's our day out of choice.

Gorgie city farm is ok, and it's free.

National Museum of Scotland is also great. There's a science bit. Flight bit etc.

Play area wise, Gambados out at Fountain Bridge is huge.

Gambado is a joke for prices though :nope: It costs at least £20 for a family of 4. (thats 2 kids and 2 adults)

Another vote for East Links though!

Deep Sea World isnt far either! And great for a 15m old.

National museum of Scotland is brilliant, very child friendly and it's free.

Almond Valley Heritage Centre in Livingston is fab if you will have a car.

Thanks ladies. Is east links indoor? Also can anyone recommend a swimming pool? How far is deep sea world roughly?

Deep sea is about 15 mins drive not far at all from the zoo, really.

For pool I say commonwealth, weekends get busy though so avoid then!

East Links is good, Almond Valley OK, IME, but personally I don't rate Deep Sea World, I found it quite expensive for the amount of time you spend there. Almond Valley might be better than East Links for a 15 month old and is cheaper, but East Links do have a small indoor soft play if the weather's bad.

There's a soft play called Time Twisters which we prefer to Gambados. It's cheaper and they do a toddler session on Tues, Weds and Thurs where you only pay £3.50 for the session for a little one and the food there is really nice too. Their website is here: https://timetwisters.co.uk/about/

If you don't mind driving north a bit, the Scottish Deer Centre is really good and reasonably priced. I was surprised how much time we were able to spend there tbh! Carnie Fruit Farm which is near the Scottish Deer Centre is really good too. Pick your own and loads of play stuff for kids, plus a huge maize maze. Both are around an hour away from Edinburgh though.

Also an hour away is Blairdrummond Safari Park. Although you might not want to do that and the zoo.

Lots of free stuff to do too, like the Museum, nice beaches and walking in the Pentlands too. The countryside surrounding Edinburgh is absolutely amazing!

East Links is fabulous... both my kids love it there.

Love Gorgie farm too... still can't believe theres a great little farm in the city.

If you're going to deep sea world have a google dor vouchers, theres always 2 for 1 offers going about. Its the one place I've never managed to take the kids to yet!

We also enjoyed blair Drummond and Almond Valley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->