Any experience? 3.5 weeks old... 6oz in 2 hours

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Seraphim, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

Last night I left Hazel with hubby for 3 hours!!

I didn't really want to, but figured I never will so the sooner I take the plunge the easier it will be in future.

Anyway. I organised what I thought would be 3 times more milk than they'd need (I only really had the 2.5 x lbs / feeds to go by) but when I rang home at 2 hours, she'd taken 6oz of EBM - isn't that alot for 3.5 weeks old??

She then had her normal midnight feed, 4 sleep feeds and a wake up feed, so it's not like she skipped anything from normal.

2. Rebaby

Rebaby Mama to 2 boys

Didn't want to read and run, but not sure i can really help...Toby's only had 2 bottles and took 2oz both times, although both times he did want to feed on the breast again about hour after he finished each bottle. Maybe Hazel was just "making hay while the sun shines" and decided that since she was hungry she may as well take whatever was offered?!

Hope someone else can help you.

3. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as you don't wiggle the teat in LO's mouth, then it's not easy to overfeed them.