Any experiences with Breakthrough Bleeding?

louisianagirl

Mom to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I will be 8 weeks tomorrow. This is my 2nd pregnancy, 2nd child. I had extremely light spotting (2 spots) yesterday. After doing some research, I found that some women have spotting around 4,8,12 weeks about the time their periods would be normally starting. Its called Breakthrough Bleeding. I have a very regular period normally. Its usually every 29 days on the dot. Yesterday, when the light spotting occurred, I would have been on day 29 of my period had I not been pregnant. I don't have any cramping but almost feel like I would around my monthly cycle. My first pregnancy I didn't have any bleeding so this caught me off guard. I've had no more spotting since. Additionally, hubby and I did :sex: 2 nights ago. Any thoughts?

I would still tell your Dr. I had a completely out of the blue spotting at 10 weeks. Only on toilet paper and only in the evening, just before bed. I was SO freaked out.
I went to see a Dr the next day and they sent me for a scan. Scan couldn't find the cause for the bleed but after a vaginal exam they discovered in have cervical erosion which could lead to mild spotting and bleeding.

But I'd talk to your Dr, especially if it's the first time you had spotting! Good luck.

With my first pregnancy, I spotted a little every time we DTD... then my doc always told me to wait 2 weeks before having intercourse again after any spotting... so you can imagine that we were only able to DTD every 2 weeks :wacko:

But maybe let your doctor know and hold off from dtd a bit.

Just from my experiences... I had little bits of spotting off and on throughout my healthy pregnany, and have a healthy almost 3 year old boy. And then with the pregnancy I miscarried, didn't have any spotting until I actually miscarried (in fact, it was more like period bleeding, and it was accompanied with much cramping, not just normal preggo cramping). So I don't believe spotting predicts healthy or unhealthy pregnancies, just look out for big clots and cramping along with it. Otherwise, I'd say you're good!

I haven't had any additional spotting. I appreciate the feedback! We probably will be limiting :sex: until I get back to the doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->