Any foods you WOULDNT give a 9 month old?

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Is there anything that I really shouldnt give courtney...

I remember a thread on strawberries?! can she have them!

Im not really sure wat she can have hun :blush:
i gave sam strawberries at courtneys age but i didnt give him alot x
I think i read somewhere that there not supposed to have soft boiled eggs and a lot of red meat but other than that hun im not sure :dohh:

Sorry i ant been much help but didnt want to read and run x

my hv said to say away from the foods we couldn't have whilst pregnant hon - so like shell fish, soft unpasteurised cheeses like bree. maddi has had strawberries and been fine, but i don't think it would do any harm in staying away from them because of allergies. xx

edit - also eggs - like aly said - soft boiled - as of the risk of bacteria/food poisoning etc

cool... she is a greedy monster and wants everything I have... I even gave her the crust of a pizza before :blush:

I have some strawberries in the fridge, I just had an orange and she wanted some but it was tasteless and like mummy spat it straight back out!!

Shes very good with her food... yesterday she had jacket pot with cheese and beans and I hardley mashed it at all :)
Hopefully mummy will now get skinny beings Im sharing food :hissy:

:rofl:

he he love it!! thats fab kerry! so good she's eating so well! maddi does too - its wonderful too see :D x

yesterday she had cheese sandwhich on brown bread... I loved to see her eat it so nicely... she hold a banana too (not a whole one) and eats it :)

:cloud9:

Aww thats lovely Kerry, well done Courtney!!

I think Carly pretty much summed up the general jist of things they cant have at that age

I wouldn't give corn, berries, citrus, egg whites, peanut butter and very little wheat.

I give caitlyn sweetcorn all the time? I didn't realise i shouldn't.

I give caitlyn sweetcorn all the time? I didn't realise i shouldn't.

It's another high allergen food, it also has very little nutrients, can be a choking hazard too. It is also pretty hard to digest, that's why the recommend waiting until after 12mo :) I'm sure if she's eating it fine it's ok, I just wouldn't do it too much because it's very starchy and not many nutrients

They do kerry, loads of them have sweetcorn in and Grace has never had a problem with them. I know of egg whites, citrus-y food, peanuts/peanut butter and shellfish :)

i was told strawberries because of alot of children have allergies to them so best to stay clear, also heard tomatoes can react with children too but not been told to not give them

Lou
xxx

My mw said strawberries were ok? Strange how we all get told different things. Mind you I can't remember whether that was for babies older than 9 months :shrug:

The only thing I am consciously avoiding is meat but that's only because I'm a veggie. She'll be having some at some point. Well cooked eggs, including the whites, are fine according to my HV...good job really as I'd already given her scrambled :dohh:

i'm only avoiding honey, shellfish and red meat atm. i'm basically sticking to what you cant have when pregnant for not to give her aswell. she's had chicken, but only a couple of little tastes. apart from that i give her a taste of anything i eat. tonight she had courgettes and peppers off the BBQ!!

I think strawberries are ok cooked. Gave caitlyn a raw strawberry, she loved it but came out in a rash xx

I heard to avoid strawberries because of the small seeds... But I take everything I read with a grain of salt... ha ha... if you know your child and what they can handle, and you know your family history of allergies etc, then you will be fine.

It sounds like courtney is doing really well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->