Any Glasgow people out there???

Hi everyone

I live in kilsyth and im expecting my first baby in october this year.

Anyone live nearby due about the same time?
x

Hi all :hi:
Im in Hamilton, grew up in Cambuslang, also stayed in EK, hubby from Pollok, we get around, ha!
Think I will be Wishaw, not heard good things about it tho :nope:

Hi WeeBear !

My 2 nephews were born prematurely at Wishaw and sis in law was kept in with them for about a month. She was treated so well by the staff - they really helped her and the babies.

My friend has just had her 2nd baby at Wishaw and she got on fine.

The only thing my friend commented on was that you don't realise you are really left to it once you are on the post natal ward as the staff are so busy but don't be scared to ask the midwives otherwise they usually think you are getting on ok and leave you to it. That is he opinion though - just try not to worry too much which is easier said than done :)

Hi Tamashii, just noticed your post. That's good to know, nice to have some reassurance x

Hiyaa

Dont think I have posted on this one before! Im from Glasgow, due 7th October!

:thumbup:

hello :D im from fife,due 20th of november.bout an hours drive but in glasgow every fortnight x

iam in north ayrshire 1 hour away from glasgow.this is my 1st baby iam due in jan 2012.go for my scan in 1 weeks time.nice too meet some new friends if you want that is.

Hi Jo_Lou!! Whereabouts in North Ayrshire? Like Largs?? That is just down the road from me as I live in Greenock x

Hi everyone

I live in kilsyth and im expecting my first baby in october this year.

Anyone live nearby due about the same time?
x

I'm from kilsyth! :wave:
But im due in a few weeks Lol! :D

1fr3p1.png

- 18 miles out in North Ayrshire - due 11 Dec 2011 ! Hi all !

Anyone going to/been to Princess Royal Maternity Glasgow???

I am not looking forwards to being in hospital after having the baby. I would love to just get home asap but I know we will have to be in for observation for a couple days and I hated being on the ward the last time. I got ZERO sleep the whole time and could have done with a week to recover when we actually got home.

Sorry to moan - I am being a moody cow this week...

I'm having to give birth in RAH due to my higher BMI so have to be consultant led. But get this, I wanted to have the birthing pool but got told there wasn't one in the consultant led unit, only in the Midwife led unit. Is this not sounding weird?? Are they not just upstairs/downstairs from each other? Has anyone been consultant led but still managed to have the birthing pool? x

that sounds really strange, I am consultant led this time but hope to use birthing pool this time if it comes to a natural birth, I am at Crosshouse so dont know what there policy is, will need to ask. My last birth I was able just to walk between areas. Suppose it depends how busy they are also???

Yea, I spoke to someone about it and they said I could just ask if the pool was available when I go in x

I'm having to give birth in RAH due to my higher BMI so have to be consultant led. But get this, I wanted to have the birthing pool but got told there wasn't one in the consultant led unit, only in the Midwife led unit. Is this not sounding weird?? Are they not just upstairs/downstairs from each other? Has anyone been consultant led but still managed to have the birthing pool? x

hey i gave birth in the rah in april there i was under the midwife unit and wanted a water birth but at 36 wks was put under consultant due 2 low fluid around baby so the birthing pool was now off limits for me.
and yeah the midwife unit is up on the top floor the consultant labour suit is on the bottom floor they do have big baths in the labour suits i wasnt aloud in at all due 2 the reduced fluid (incase i lost more they wouldnt see if i was in water) plus i was hooked up 2 the monitors for my full labour u might be able to use that.
xx

hiya ladies im in renfrewshire just had my 1st baby in april there off work at the mo but i work in paisley :) xx

Hey Lynne! Thanks for that :) Yea, the midwife did say that they had a bath that I could labour in, just not deliver in. Oh well, I guess I just have to do it on dry land, lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->