Any hairdressers/people in the hair know? Dye question

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
Hi

I dyed my hair the other night and it went too dark. It's a dark brown with a few lighter bits where it hasn't gone too dark.

I've read online you can mix 20 vol peroxide (which I have) with shampoo and this will lift it. Some sites say use this, others say add bleach powder, which I don't have.

Will it work with the peroxide & shampoo?

Other than that I've tried Head and shoulders etc which does help ever so slightly but people seem to have better results with the peroxide shampoo etc.

If it does work how long do I leave it on and is it on wet/dry hair?

Thanks

The peroxide shampoo you speak of its a bleach bath.
You would need powder, peroxide is useless on its own.
I would personally use 10vol peroxide, bleach powder and shampoo
if you cant find 10 vol, dilute equal parts of water to 20vol

I would try other things first:
Leave the Head and Shoulders on lathered up in a shower cap for hours, not just a quick use)
Fairy Liquid
Vitamin C Tablets (crush at least 500mg(maybe more if you want!) into a bowl and add your shampoo, apply to wet hair, lather and leave on for 45mins)
Go swimming ;)
Shower Gel/Hand gel
Soak in bath salts
Use olive or coconut oil and leave it on for as long as you can - conditioning and helps fade hair

With any of these methods, you should deep condition after. Its likely time will lighten it more too

If non of the above work then colourB4 from superdrug is great and not harsh on the hair xx

Also forgot to add the medicated shampoo is a good option i used vosene shampoo which took loads of colour out of my hair and isnt very expensive. xx

Colorb4 will take out the majority of the dye, I think OP wants a slight fade :flower:

Vosene shampoo works really well. Try that first

What AP says, don't bother with colourb4 unless you want to have to start dying from scratch xx

Yes sorry my mistake! Oops! Colourb4 will take all the due out of your hair sorry. Vosene is great for lightening :) good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->