any health issues making you more nervous about pregnancy?

myangel167

Reaction score
I'm curious if any of you have any health issues that make you a little more nervous than the average person about becoming pregnant?

I personally have sinus tachycardia. (My heart beat is fast, but steady) This is caused by my anxiety, so I know that the key to fixing this is getting my anxiety under control. Which Im getting better at doing, but since getting pregnant is something that will make me a little nervous/scared...that wont be as easy. I would like to not have to be on any medication, but we'll see how that goes. I'll have to talk to my doc about it. (I'm not currently on any medication)

I'm a little nervous that once I get pregnant that because I will have more blood in my body that it could be hard on my heart. Maybe I am just thinking too much? (I'm good at that. lol)

Anxiety for sure. I understand you completely. I've recently been able to stop taking Ativan for panic/anxiety attacks, but I still have them. I usually have them at night, I'm concerned because when the baby comes I'll be alone at night since my husband works nights.

I get anxiety too...and because of that I have IBS..there has been no scientific research done on the tablets I take to control it, so basically I can't take them during pregnancy, and it REALLY puts me off having another. To the point where I look at my two year old and think, does she need a brother or sister? But I've always wanted a big family. I know my husband doesn't think my body will be able to take a pregnancy in the future either because I get such bad attacks when it does happen, I can't imagine not being able to control it. It's hard enough getting to places as it is, never mind constantly worrying about where the toilets are and basically spending my time in there. I know I'll be miserable so I'm trying not to think about it too much. I also fainted a lot in early pregnancy lol, maybe it's the universes way of telling me I shouldn't have any more?? :haha:

xxx

I'm seven weeks pregnant and also have tachycardia. I was on beta blockers but came off when we started trying to conceive. The doctor said it should be fine but if I have any problems they'll find a safe one for me to take during pregnancy. I've still got to see a midwife and talk to her about it mind you xxxx

Bipolar two disorder, I hit a horrible depressive episode after my son was born, full blown suicide attempt and everything. I also have panic attacks. If I decide to become preggers again I'm afraid having to stop some meds will make me crazy....well crazier.

i have type 1 diabetes, and after delivery of DD last fall i now have high bp and kidney functions are down. so i am nervous as to how i will get through a pregnancy again if i am to be so blessed

Yes there are a few things but I'm determined to get through another pregnancy and hold another baby. I've had 3 losses one at 19 weeks but since gone on to have 2 healthy babies. The fear is always in the back of my mind that I may lose another. Then there is my last pregnancy the birth wasn't straightforward and I ended up with a 4th degree tear. It didn't heal as it should have so I may experience problems in future pregnancies mainly towards the end where there is added pressure on my muscles (having surgery to fix it once and for all after our next baby). Then theres my anaemia which at the moment is under control but I'm sure that will change once I get pregnant.

It will be all worth it though to have another baby in my arms.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"