Any ideas for 19 weeks...and potato!?

moggy

Reaction score
My LO is now on her 3rd week of weaning, cos we started at 16 weeks (now 19) we've gone super slow and just had baby rice with a few flavours mixed in, eg. banana, pear, avocado, sweet potato and butternut squash.

Thing is she doesn't like to eat when there is a new flavour she just likes the baby rice and now creamy porridge. The HV said to try a little mashed white potato which I'd like to do but from one of the websites I've looked at it says not till 8 months :wacko: so now I'm confused......has anyone else given normal potato so young and for the others out there who weaned early how did you go about introducing new flavours? :shrug: We are going to 2 meals today. Thanks guys :kiss:

Potato after 8 months? I always thought it was one of ''first'' foods and could be given from 4-6 months.

hmm i never heard you can't give potato till later either ? Just assumed it classed as a good plain starer food as with veg/fruit? interesting to know....

Elliot has eaten roast potato, jacket potato and boiled potato - he loves it, not as much as spring onion though (which was his first food btw - raw spring onion)...!!!

Maybe she's just not ready yet? x

oh trust me she's ready....did have a good day yesterday as her second meal I tried sweet potato with baby rice and she munched the lot.....making great mmmm noises throughout and then shouting for more!!! And this morning pear! Cracking.

The website that goes on about potato is www.wholesomebabyfood.com.

I'd never heard that about potato either.Im sure Ophelia had it lots earlier than 8 months.If you think she's ready hon then I would give it a try :) xxx

I just looked at that website.. According to that I shouldn't be giving Elliot half the things I'm giving him...!!!

The only thing I haven't given that is on the Forbidden Foods list of that website is nuts and seafood!! In fact, thats a lie, as he had prawns the other week!!!

I just giver things gradually and see how he does. I may even give some peanut butter in a few weeks time.

when introducing new tastes to Hannah we found that giving her the baby rice/oatmeal alongside it helped. We'd give her a spoon of porridge and than a spoonful of the veggie/fruit etc.

it just says because potato isn't very nutritious... but I think its great for adding to foods... Finn doesnt like it by itself but it makes a good 'filler' to add a bit bulk to purees..I always feel that plain veg isnt a very good dinner :blush: omnomnom starchy :D

I would mix the potato with peas or something.. TBH mashed potatoes aren't the tastiest foods even for adults, we put gravy or butter/margarine, salt, pepper on them.. mix them with garlic, cheese, etc to make them taste appealing. Or, if you're like me, KETCHUP! Obviously lots of those things aren't really things you should give to a baby who's just starting to wean,

Mix it with something else, that's what I've been doing while introducing new foods. Did sweet potato first - mixed it with baby rice, then did peas.. mixed that with sweet potato.. think I may do carrots next, mix it with peas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->