Any ideas how I can get him to sleep ?

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
For the last week or so after we've put Lewis to bed, about 7.30pm he wont sleep for longer than an hour before he wakes up again. I dream feed him about 10 - 10.30pm so I know he's not hungry and he'll go back to sleep quite easily once we've put his dummy back in again.

This goes on all night, every hour, wakes up crying - dummy back in - goes back to sleep - until he wakes up at 7.00am. I'm at my wits end and I don't know what to do.....:hissy:

I don't want to leave him to cry but I don't know any other options, I'm hoping one of you ladies can help or advise. I'd just like 3 or 4 hours of unbroken sleep :cry: x

hi im new here, ive got a little girl who is nearly 3 and unfortunalty she has not slept a full night since she has been born, she used to wake up every hour when she was a baby but now its don to about 2/3 times a night, i know its hard when they wont sleep but it does get easier.
Sorry i cant be much help though

I think I've got it bad......nearly 3 years old...you must be knackered!!

The problem is this only started a couple of weeks ago, so I know he can sleep, I'm thinking it's the dummy thing that's causing the problem..

Welcome to B & B x

Does he have a comfort blanket or anything? I'm really unsure, Kyle wakes up usually 2 times for his dummy but only lately hes startin to take it out himself and go to sleep without it.

hmmm, if you think its the dummy then I agree, maybe take it away... Where does he sleep? How do you feed? Solids yet? Jasmine doesnt used her dummy alot and not at night time luckily.

yep i agree take the dummy away .. i had to do this ,its been a week now and i have seen a wee bit of a improvement

hmmm, if you think its the dummy then I agree, maybe take it away... Where does he sleep? How do you feed? Solids yet? Jasmine doesnt used her dummy alot and not at night time luckily.

He sleeps in his cot in our room (going to move him this weekend) and he has to solid meals a day (purees).

I've tried not putting his dummy back in unless he cries, but I know he'll end up screaming if I don't put it back in !!

New to this section Buba arrived sunday afternoon! So now drinking in all the discussions.
Interesting regarding the dummy! I'm trying to establish BF. But its so sodding painful! Did consider a dummy last night as she simply wont settle from 1.30am - 6ish am
Seeing Mw today so will ask for HELP

i have the same issue with summer, she is always waking up for her dummy like evryhour aswell, ive tried taking it away and she just scream and scream and will NOT go to sleep with out it and i cant do it to her! im at my wits end too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->