Any ideas on what to do?

clarebo9

Reaction score
Morning peeps
I was going to write this last night but I was very upset and thought I needed to do it on a clear head.
Background: I have a 12 yr old boy, 11 yr old twins, boy and girl, and a 10 mth baby boy.
My eldest son is a prolific liar, every day he lies or tells untruths, his dad and I usually know when he is being deceptive as he is not clever enough to cover his emotions. We punish this with either grounding/ loss of pocket money/ loss of belongings ie laptop/ or a combination of all.
Ok well skip forwar to last week, I went out with my brother for dinner on Thursday, had my bank card in purse, i know this for definate cuz i paid lol
Friday night i go to asda but paid by cash, Saturday morning i spent 2 hours looking for my card as I assumed I had dropped it/lost it, maybe in asda or in the house somewhere.
Cancelled the card Sat morning, check balance etc, all looks ok.
Skip forward to last night my 11 yr old son comes down after tidying the bedroom (eldest boys share) with my bank card. To cut a long story and a lot of argument and lies it turns out my eldest son had taken it from my purse Thurs night and used it in the cash machine at the local shop to draw £10 and spent it on crap! It hadnt been taken from my acc when I checked on Sat.
I know I should have been more careful with my pin but I never ever thought one of my own would steal from me!
I am sooooooo hurt and angry and I just dont know what to do, what would you do? :cry: :cry:

Oh just wanted to add that if the kids ask, they usually get some money for the shop and our kitchen is always stocked well, i feel that they dont miss out, I try to get them to eat healthily but we like our treats too.

i might not be much help but dnt want to R&R. Did he edventually admit to taking it? Did he do it with friends? He mabie thinks what he is doing is cool. My OH and his mum told me that my oh use to use his mums pin to top up his mobile all the time (he had he details memorised) but he never meant any harm by doing this and is not a theif now...By 'crap' do u mean top ups, sweets, magazines etc or what? I would tell him how disapointed and hurt u r by this, and ovb change ur pin etc but u shouldnt really have to hide things like this from ur sons. I would prob remove his laptop, phone and ground him 4 a week dont no if thats harsh but prob what i would do xx

I would make him earn it back. I let my son use my cr card once to buy some maps for a video game on his xbox well 3 weeks later another 10.00 goes across my account. So after confronting him about it he fessed up. I told him you are earing that money since you didnt ask. My kitchen floor was mopped, everything in the china cabinet was cleaned and dusted, and my car was washed in and out. Maybe if you try this? Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->