Any ideas?

booboo1005

Reaction score
Hello all...I am new to this forum but could use some advice! I am 30 years old and my husband and I have been trying for 9 months for our first one and no luck yet. AF came to visit on Aug. 19th and was regular then I took an ovulation test on Sept. 4th and was ovulating so we tried on the 4th and 5th. On September 7th I spotted a little bit and got excited...then on Sept. 8th I started spotting more and it was bright red and pink...I have been spotting to light bleeding nine days and I'm so confused. Could I be pregnant or did AF come for a visit early?? I'm not cramping, virtually no pain...just spotting!! Please help!!<3<3

Mmm could be implant bleed but I dnt no how long it lasts maybe ask first trimester room :)

It sounds like implantation spotting! It usually happens 7-10 days after a fertilized egg! I'd wait at least one week to test with a HPT, though that might be early depending on when conception actually took place.

Thank you all for your help! I'm still "spotting"....AF is supposed to visit on September 19th so I will wait a week or so after that date to see if she comes. Do you think that's enough time to test if AF doesn't come for a visit?

That would be a good time to test, there are always exceptions, but by a week after AF is due you should probably get an accurate result.

The spotting could be IB, or AF could have just come earlier than expected and be light. Though just a few days after Ovulation and BD'ing sounds just a little soon for IB, but it's hard to judge. I could also have been ovulation spotting. I know that doesn't help or give you an answer, but I have heard of long IB spotting and have personally experienced long bouts of 'spotting' that turned out just to be an early-super light funky AF.

Are your cycles fairly regular? Do you notice any other possible symptoms or clues that you might be pregnant? Do you do any temping or anything?

Thank you all for your help! I'm still "spotting"....AF is supposed to visit on September 19th so I will wait a week or so after that date to see if she comes. Do you think that's enough time to test if AF doesn't come for a visit?

I take my temperature every morning when I wake up. And it has been spiked for as long as I've been spotting. I take ovulation tests too so that's how I knew I was ovulating when we tried. I don't really have any other symptoms....I'm hungry all the time, really thirsty and my boobs are swollen but not sore. Sorry if that's TMI. But nothing else... ?

Well swollen boobs and a steady temp spike are both good signs, plus the positive opk.

I'm thinking that I was REALLY thirsty the first few weeks of my preg with my son, before I even knew I was pregnant I just felt like I couldnt get enough to drink.

I hope this is it for you and that the spotting is a good sign. I'm really curious to see what happens with you over the next few days/week.

I take my temperature every morning when I wake up. And it has been spiked for as long as I've been spotting. I take ovulation tests too so that's how I knew I was ovulating when we tried. I don't really have any other symptoms....I'm hungry all the time, really thirsty and my boobs are swollen but not sore. Sorry if that's TMI. But nothing else... ?

I will certainly keep you updated for sure!! I am excited but trying not to get too excited ya know? We have "seriously" been trying since March. That's when I started taking my temp and doing ovulation tests. So lets hope these are good signs!

Just read this thread & wanted to pop in and say good luck, hope this is the one! :flower:
xo.

I know exactly what you mean. It feels really good to have that glimmer of hope, but knowing the potential for disappointment gets harder to face the more excited you gets makes you want to keep your feet on the ground.

I had my IUD removed in August of 2012 and did keep track of my 'DATES' since then, as well as trying (not too seriously) to time BD when I expected O, but my cycles are all over the place so it wasn't very effective.

Last cycles I started temping, but wasn't too consistent with it. I also started paying attention to CM. This cycle I have taken my temping seriously, doing it pretty much at the same time every day and noting CM and I'm glad I did. I have REALLY long cycles sometimes (like 30+ and even 40+ days sometimes) and short or more 'normal' ones sometimes too. I didnt expect to O until CD 20 or so, but according to my temps (and CM seems to coincide) I O'd on cycle day 12 this time. At first Fertility Friend put me at CD 11, but moved it to 12 when I put this mornings temp in. We only got to BD on CD 12, so I'm kind of glad it moved, that is also the day I noticed some really good Eggwhite Mucus, so I'm hoping we caught us a sticky bean.

My temps have spiked and stayed up since then, but today is only CD 15 so we'll see what happens.

I noticed some pinkish cm on CD 13 (which i attributed to O spotting or maybe just from BD'ing) but then yesterday (CD 14) when I went to check I noticed bright red fresh-looking blood. Not just a spot, but kind of a gush (sorry if that TMI for you). It really freaked me out. Today it's gone pink and is just spotting again...so I don't know wth is going on.

I will certainly keep you updated for sure!! I am excited but trying not to get too excited ya know? We have "seriously" been trying since March. That's when I started taking my temp and doing ovulation tests. So lets hope these are good signs!

Awe, sorry you didn't get your BFP. I was getting really excited for you. Good luck for next month. x

Sorry booboo. Hopefully you can at least look at it as a new opportunity to try again this cycle, once the disappointment doesn't sting so much.

:babydust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"