any jars any good??

wishes

Mummy of two :)
Reaction score
I wanted to make everything myself but time just runs away!! :blush: I feel like a bit of a bad mum for thinking it, but are any of the jars of food any good? Are they all full of salt, etc or are some of them ok and tasty? Do any of you use them??

I used them....as for single ingredients it's the exact same as you would make at home (atleast it is here) just the food and some water to thin it out. Some of the meals do have salt and such in them you just have to read labels. We did a really good organic brand that didn't add anything like that to it

ditto to mo3... i simply didnt have time... But I did do a bit of my own.

Honestly, I have never made my own meat- just gave her jarred meat, it was too tricky to get the right consistency! Elyse is a big fan of "Beef with broth" :sick:... she doesn't even like it mixed with her food really, she prefers it plain.

We have like Heinz, Beechnut, Gerber, and Nativa Organics I believe here, plus a few generic grocery brands- I buy Heinz, best variety I've been able to find

I used a lot of jars. they generally dont have salt in them, they are vaccum sealed to preserve them.

Hipp jars don't containt salt,and only naturally occuring sugars.
If i don't have organic food to prepare for them i give them jars,and they seem to prefer them to my food :(

oooo, i though jars were bad!!... you guys sound like theyre not so evil after all :thumbup: Think i might be popping to have a nosey on the shelves later :thumbup:

I dont think Jars are bad at all - i think they give more variety and are really convenient.......so i use both my own stuff and jars....it would be never ending work making the food otherwise.
Jac eats everything i give him but i think he prefers the Jars though LOL
I buy Hipp and C&G...i dont think any one brand has enough variety so i buy a mixture form both of these (i initially started just on Hipp).

only one thing...jars can become expensive.

This is an example of our day[

Meal 1 - porridge + toast
Meal 2 - own veg mashed/puree mix + Half jar of pudd
Meal 3 - 2/3 Jar meal + own fruit mash/puree or yoghurt

Sorry ive rambled on......again!

but i hope it helps...
xx

Weve used Hipp jars, ella's pouches, organix and plum pots.
You get different variety and tastes with different makes.
Ella's tend to be sweet as there is a fruit added to veg. Plum pots seem to have a different variety of veg mixed together.

I have used heinz jars and gerber.. I started making all my own foods and still do but use a mixture of both own made and jars. He seems to prefer the jars!

I use Ellas Kitchen and HIPP organic. They're fine. I do half and half jars and homecooking for her dinner as she gets finger foods for lunch.

We use Hipp and Ella's Kitchen - she loves those....much better than my cooking anyway :dohh:

I usually amke his savoury food, just add a little extra to what I'm cooking for our tea and keep it seperate. If we are out or I've none in the freezer I've found the Organix and Plum tubs really good and luckily they stock them in packs of 2 in Poundland compared to £2 odd in Boots. I also use HIPP for his desserts.

i give him plum baby and organix although he didnt like organix stage 2 chicken, carrots and rice .. he also smelled garlic when he took it :s

We use Hipp, Organix, Plum and Ella's Kitchen. Alyssa loves them. We also make some of her food and she has finger foods as well. I think it all allows for a lot of variety.

Hannah loves Plum baby foods, Ellas Kitchen pouches and also the Organix tubs. I planned to just give her home cooked foods but if I did I would have spent most of my time cooking rather than spending time with my baby! She had one home cooked meal a day and one pouch or tub. Now she is on proper food like sandwiches and jacket potatos its not so time consuming to cook for her but she still loves to suck on the Ellas kitchen fruit pouches as a snack or a dessert

Jars aren't bad - they are designed for babies so they dont have lots of salt and what not in them. I preferred to do my own because they do contain preservatives obviously to extend the shelf life. Again not anything to worry about but the rest of us try to avoid them so it was just really an extension of what I already do.

I used Plum mostly and they were great for when we went out. When you make your own fresh it needs to be kept chilled where as 'jars' which have the preservatives are 'long life' and I could just leave one in my changing bag. :)

Hipp Organic are great, i have started making my own but he does like these better i know he does:cry: lol but yeh there great those jars as said before very handy when your out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->