Any ladies starting first IUI in January?? Buddies Please..TTC 13 cycles

Thank you! I have read a lot about different supplements and wasn't sure what one to start.

I think I might try cutting out alcohol as well and this will be a hard one for me! I read too that high protein diets are helpful, too.

I almost wish the RE didn't tell me what she thinks the issue is, because it really has hit me hard. I basically had a panic attack last night and poor dh had to stay up and comfort me. I guess I just assumed that our chances with IVF were good and assumed the first cycle would work. I don't know of anybody who has been through IVF that has had failed cycles. I'm really starting to consider getting a second opinion. There has always been suspicion of Endo with my heavy painful periods (put on bc when I was 16 for it), but never a diagnosis and I read the endo can cause poor egg quality. My RE doesn't want to do the lap until a couple of failed attempts, but I don't want another failed attempt before we look into it. I also have asked a few times to be tested for immunological issues and she said we don't need to look into that yet. I also think DH's morphology isn't great even though she said it was fine. He was like 1% above the cutoff for what is considered bad. I have decided he is going to a urologist and I am going to a reproductive immunologist at least before the next IVF. Maybe a urologist can give him some meds to help the production.

Well I am so sorry for being debbie downer! I hope I can get over this soon and move on.

I think a lap is the best place to start. It can detect all sorts of things and can correct things. It's not a big deal. I had one and I'm glad I did. My RE was convinced that my tubes were jacked up and that I had endo even though I had already had an hsg and no history of endo. Not a damn thing is wrong with my inners. It gave me piece if mind going into the lap that things could be fixed and peace if mind after that I look normal on the inside.

I've seen women try different clinics to get their bfp bc they didn't feel like their RE was listening. You know your body best. Take charge of your treatment.

Sending you hugs

At first I really didn't want to do the lap because I had read that it can make things worse sometimes. I think there are a lot of conflicting points of view about this. My RE thinks endo is best left untouched and that IVF can bypass everything, but I am starting to lean toward the lap just for peace of mind.

I just ordered some supplements from amazon. I am thinking we will do the next cycle in November. I hate to wait that long, but I really don't have time to fit one in with all the weddings I photograph and not knowing what day retrieval would land on. Hopefully being on CoQ10, Royal Jelly and DHEA for the next few months will help. Who knows maybe we will have a miracle baby :)

I think that sounds like a great plan. They say 3 mo on supplements is best.

This is a good positive read about TTC

https://www.dailystrength.org/healt...taying-positive-for-a-positive-pregnancy-test

That is a great plan hun and you are not being a debbie downer!! We all have these emotions, it's totally normal. Glad you have such a lovely dh to be by your side through it...it certainly helps. Being on the supplements for 3 months will be best from what i have read also. I only take the royal jelly and bee pollen up to ov. be sure to read up on it before you start. I am also getting a lap done August 20th. I have read about ladies with no luck catching the egg and then bang! get preggo right after the lasp so I am in! I am in 2ww right now, trying for a natural miracle this month, maybe i won't even need the surgery! Fluter, thanks for the link...always love reading positive stuff. Take care girls. :)

Thanks for sharing Fluterby. I really liked that read and I think a lot of my struggle stems from not being in control. I like the idea that you can control your attitude! I really really need to work on that one.

Keep me updated on the lap and how that goes. I am terrified to do the lap. I guess because of the discomfort that comes with them filling your chest with air. I am almost certain I have endo though and I think it might be really bad and they need to go in and clean some stuff up to help my eggs out. It was at its worst when I was a teenager and they put me on birth control, because they assumed it was endo and didn't want to do a lap on somebody that young. I sent an email to my RE asking her for the 3rd time if we should look into it as a possibility. I also set up an appointment with another RE at a different clinic to get a second opinion.

I would assume being on the supplements longer would be best. So November seems like a good time for our next IVF cycle. I will have to read up on when to take them. I assumed you take them everyday, but it makes sense to take them leading up to ovulation. Heck maybe this can help and we will conceive on our own.

Thank you ladies for all the support and sending lots of positive thoughts your way in your journeys!

Ugh!! I really wish I could shut my ttc brain off. I think this IVF failure has me very confused. I want a baby so bad and I have even started researching adoption! I never even wanted to consider adoption, but at this point I am dreading the thought of another IVF cycle. I am thinking about attending an adoption general information meeting in August. Am I crazy? I just think I want to look at all of our options. I think I am starting to realize that I don't care how we get a family. I just want one!

I would love to experience the joys of pregnancy and I think this is the one hurdle I would have to overcome with adoption.

I know this is a strange post, but my brain is all over the place right now and I thought I would share.

Not a crazy post at all hun...it's natural for our brains to be all over the map and nothing wrong with exploring options! Just try to go one day at a time! In other news....I checked out some of your work, your photos are really awesome. You have a real talent there girl. :-D

Trying to take it a day at a time, but it is quite difficult. I am hoping after a month off I will start to relax and regain my brain lol.

Thanks ClaireCath! I took those newborn photos 2 days after I found out about the negative test. I was really worried I was going to start crying during the session, but I held it together and was very professional!

Fluterby you leave soon right? Sending lots of :dust:

I think a break will do you some good. We took a long break and it was much needed for both of us.

I leave in 3 days. Tonight is my last BCP. FX'd my cycle comes on Thurs as planned

Yay!! So excited for you! I typically start af about 3 days after bcp and I also started 3 days after I quite the progesterone suppositories. So you most likely will be on schedule.

That's what I figure. I looked back in my journal and when I had to do BCP in March I started 3 days after last pill. I just don't want to start sooner than that

K I was wondering about that baby photoshoot, the timing could have been better right?? Glad you got through it ok and yep a break will do you good...Fluter sounds like your timing is right on...fx'd for you hun!

So I went ahead and made an appointment for acupuncture. Unfortunately I couldn't find any doctors near me, just people with a license. I guess they don't have a set fee either. You can pay what you want between $20-$50. I guess they are a community acupuncture team, so I will be getting acupuncture in a large room with other people and this is how they are able to charge so little. I find that interesting. They have great reviews on Yelp as well.

How often do you ladies go? Do you undress completely like when you get a massage? I assume I won't be getting undressed since it is "community acupuncture."

Hahaha!! fully clothed Krista. If they DO make you get naked could be some other type of "community" lol i was going one to two times a week before my last iui.
AFM tested 10dpo and big stark white nothingness...pretty convinced my eggs suck ass.

I am getting a little excited about the acupuncture haha! I am certain you are clothed. I guess I will just wear a loose fitted shirt and shorts.

Sorry to hear that ClairCath. I hate hpt's so much! I refuse to poas this month. Are you planning on doing another IUI in the future?

I started taking my supplements, but I am concerned about one of them, DHEA. I can't find anything regarding DHEA in women with a good amh level, but everything I read about it claims to help egg quality. My amh is good, but my fsh is kind of sucky, plus my RE thinks I have poor egg quality. I am also taking Royal Jelly and CoQ10. I need to get a pill box labeled with the days of the week like my grandparents use lol.

Lol you're clothed. Wear loose clothes though. They will want to get to your belly. That's a really good price on it. Let me know what ya think of it.

Ok here's my story so far. It's long sorry
Flew from Louisville on a 20 min delay to Dallas no problem. Get to Dallas and my flight keeps getting delayed. 4 times before they change gates and delay it yet again. My boarding pass says see attendant for seat assignment. I get up there and they try to say they are over booked by one seat and I may not have a seat. I freak out since these tickets have been paid for nearly 3 weeks. Get on the plane then sit on the Tarmac for one hour before they decide to cancel the flight altogether bc our pilot had too many hours. They have no hotels for us. They offer us a cot and the choice of getting our own hotel and they will reimburse or $100 in free airfare. I took the $100 and got a hotel room. In the mean time two hours go by before I'm issued new tickets for the next day. No direct flights. So I have to fly from DFW to Houston to Bville. After waiting for a shuttle for one hour to a hotel at 2:15 am TX time I'm in my room. Get up this morning ask for a shuttle to the airport. Get on the shuttle only to be told it only goes to some American Airlines corp office. I freak out bc I'm about to miss yet another flight. I pretty much demand that man take me. He did not happily though. Get to airport they want to ask me to take $150 to give up my seat. I said no. I emailed Dr. Garza at 2 am once I got to my room. He told me not to come today, but to let him know what hotel I'm at and he'll pick me up at 8am. FX'd that happens. So there were delays today on flights but not bad. However my luggage goes missing. I have to wait 2 hours for it to show up. I get a cab. He takes me to the wrong Motel 6. Luckily he hadn't left and he took me to the right one. I get to the hotel and they tell me I owe the entire amount but my MIL thought she'd already paid the balance. So out of my $ I pay it. Hopefully my husband brings that down here. I bathe and go catch the metro bus to the grocery. I miss the bus coming out so I walk the 1.5 miles with my groceries back to the hotel and in the mean time step on fire ants!! Lol so that's my story this far

Oh my goodness you poor thing! That sounds like a total nightmare. I would have had a breakdown. Glad you are where you need to be finally though. Maybe this is a good sign that good things are to come since you had such a difficult time getting there!

Please keep us updated on your adventure.

So doctor never showed this morning. I tried calling only a full voice mail. I caught a cab with a Spanish speaking only driver lol. He was so sweet and tried hard to communicate with me. He new a few English words and I knew a few Spanish so we managed. I was just hoping to cross the border and see the van for pick up. Right as I was getting ready to cross the doctor called me. There was a mix up with his driver. He sent his driver to come get me. I saw the doctor had blood work and baseline u/s done. Start Gonal f injections tonight of 185.5 iu's( I think) for the next four days. I go back on Wed morning. The driver will be here to get me at 8 am.

And just so you know, I brown down at the air port, last night in this hotel room but I held it together this morning when I really wanted to cry and go home

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->