Any ladies with low progesterone?

Lauren999

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am 4w4d with #2. My lg was born in 2013 after a very easy pregnancy with no complications. I don't know if I had low progesterone with my first pregnancy because it was never checked. I had a chemical pregnancy in December last year.
I'm guessing this could have been caused by low progesterone.

My doctor has prescribed progesterone to be taken 3 times a day and scheduled a scan for when I am 8 weeks, but I have no idea how I am going to wait that long to find out if this pregnancy is viable.

How do you ladies reassure yourselves that everything is okay, especially when you don't have any pregnancy symptoms?

I'm on progesterone supplements after blood tests showed it to be low. I was started on it 16 DPO. About a week and a half ago, I saw a heartbeat on ultrasound. :)
My mother miscarried a lot and had to take progesterone in order to carry me.

The pregnancy can still be viable despite low progesterone. If that is the case, the supplements will save the pregnancy.
If the pregnancy isn't viable, then not even progesterone will save it. So know you're doing all that you can for your LO to make it. The rest is out of your hands.

I do. I think it was around 10 the day I found out I was pregnant with DS. They started me on 200mg of oral progesterone right away, and he's now a healthy 17-month-old. :) I was already on progesterone before getting pregnant this time. I'm only 5+1, so there's no saying what will happen, but my doctor seems ok with my progesterone levels at this point (anywhere from 16-18...lower side, but apparently fine). As PP said, just know that you're doing all you can.

I was started on progesterone too when pregnant with DD.. I had three losses all from low progesterone, I was started at almost 5 weeks and went until 13 weeks (my dr told me to stop at 12 but I had some still so she said it wouldn't hurt to finish them off) I think I left 2-3 unused because they were causing such yucky headaches!!! But I too was worried for my litttle one, especially with my previous losses. But all was well and she is a beautiful extremely healthy 10 month old!! Good luck hun!! :)

Thanks for the replies ladies. It's great to hear positive stories. Good luck with your pregnancies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->