Any Les Mills addicts

My_First

Reaction score
So I am cautiously stepping in here as I have just recently foun out I am pregnant with hopefully number 2 baby (mc last Xmas). And the last four months I have been doing les mills combat twice a week, attack one a weeks and pump once a week. I love it! Do you think it's okay to continue through pregnancy, especially early pregnancy? I mean I get hot and the sweat pours off me during the high impact classes, but I keep my fluids high, including a sports drink following class. Do you think I should move to something more low impact?

Do you feel comfortable with your doctor AND teacher for the Les Mills classes?

Talk to both of them and see what they think.

I've heard both sides of things - Don't do any strength training, aerobics, or any type of exercises to Do whatever you want, just know your limits.

It's SO difficult to get a clear cut answer. I think if you did Body Combat (Never had that class), or BodyPump, you can explain to the teacher that you're pregnant, so you can modify the workouts. If they requires you to jump up and down, jumping jacks, or anything that makes you out of breath - modify it by just pumping your arms instead vs jumping up and down (I've heard that's not good, no matter what week you're in).

BodyPump - use lower weights instead. I really would like to do that class, but I'm going to wait until I get the go ahead from my doctor. I will explain to my teacher beforehand that I'm not trying to be a wimp or avoiding the workouts. I want to have stronger arms and legs, so it'll help.

Same idea goes for everything else...just kick it down a notch. If you're tired, step out, and back off.

I've had a friend that did a Squat lift with over 150 pounds on her shoulder when she was 6-7 months pregnant. She stopped because the belly got in the way. LOL!

Again - talk to your doctor and the instructors (I'm sure they've had many pregnant women taking their classes). If you're high risk, or have history with issues with your uterus or anything of the sort, I would just skip out on all of this.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I am fine with chatting to the dr and the instructor but maybe not this early, an I'm not due to see the dr for a few weeks. I think maybe common sense right now and just take it easier, although just woken up and have awful sickness this morning so questioning heather I should go today :) I'm not massively high risk, unless you all 36 yet old high risk ;).

I agree. If your body is used to it then you should be fine but maybe take it down a notch.
I absolutely love body combat - totally addicted. Have the ultimate warrior DVD set too and do that a few times a week as well as classes. Never been I. Such good shape. I'm about to start dr for ivf and will be carrying on if I'm lucky enough to get a bfp but will take it a bit easier. I did body step up until I was 7 months wih my son and there was no problem. Didn't do the abs at the end tho lol
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->