Any link between LP length and implantation date?

Tess08

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just a quick question. Does the length of your LP give any indication as to when you might implant? I know implantation can take place anytime between 6 and 12 DPO but if you have a shorter LP does that mean you would be more likely to implant earlier or does it not mean anything?

For example, my LP is only 10/11 days long so implantation on 12DPO would be impossible for me so would I be more likely to implant on day 7/8DPO or would it just be my luck? I've spoken to doc bout trying to lengthen my LP but like everything else it had just been shrugged off as not being a big deal!

Thanks,
Tess x

Hi Tess, I did read that it takes 6-12 days for the blastocyst to implant. My (future-) midwife said you want to try and lengthen your LP if it's short to help implantation. She uses natural methods and said her acupuncturist can do this. I'd research and call a few acupuncturists to find one who does this kind of work and talk to them.

I would think it doesn't mean anything. In theory, if implantation occurs, your LP doesn't really have an end anyway (I mean it sort of does as hcg takes over, but you wouldn't 'know' when it ended). Implantation happens whenever the embryo finds a suitable place to implant, and that can happen differently for lots of reasons. I had a normal ish LP of 14 days last time and I'm pretty sure implantation happened at 5 dpo. I felt some sharp cramps for like 30 seconds that day and immediately the next morning felt awful and hungover and just not right which only got worse until I got a BFP at 10 dpo. My pregnancy with my daughter was dated 3 days earlier than my date based on ovulation, so I suspect maybe that had to do with an early implantation? If your LP is too short, then yes, it can prevent implantation as your body just doesn't give it enough time to happen. I have no experience myself, but I know some people take B6 to lengthen a short LP.

I suppose a short Lp limits possibility of a later implantation if one were to happen

Your lp does not effect when you implant. Even having a 11 or 12 lp doesn't mean you can't implant at 11 or 12dpo. When you have conceived your body generally puts out more progesterone, even before you implant. That progesterone will stop your uterine lining from shedding and therefore stop AF from coming.

The vast majority of implantation happens 7-10 dpo, though. Only about 10% happens at 6dpo and only about 15% happens at 11-12dpo by most fertility expert stats(IVF IUI drs).
Implantation depends entirely on when the blytoplast is ready to attach and how fast it gets to the uterus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->