Any mummies out there expecting a baby in May? :D

MummyHayz1990

Reaction score
Hey all mummys to be out there. Any one due in May? My due date is May 5th, and I can't wait :) would just like to chat to other mums around the same stage as me. Much Love Hayley xxx

Us May moms-to-be i noticed are the quietest ones. I have the same due date as you. Expecting a baby boy.

Heya hun. Yeah I know, there doesn't seem to be many may babies this year! Aww, we're expecting the same on the same day! Wonder who will pop first lol! hows ur pregnancy been/going? x

my pregnancy has actually been smooth sailing if u dont include the constipation, SPD and sciatica lol... its my MIL thats making this experience hell..... She creeps me out.

Oh constipation is wonderful aint it! Noooot. Ive had that so bad for the last few months. Never been so uncomfy in all my life. And ive got PUPPP as well which is unreal to try and deal with!
How comes she creeps you out hun? lol

ill post you the summarized version from a pervious post

So MIL lives in north Carolina, I invited her to come down after the birth to help me take care of baby for a few days. She couldn't make it to the baby shower so I thought it was a nice gesture...

Things have gotten out of control. I told her that I would call and let her know the date she could come. She took it upon herself to tell OH that she will be coming May 4th. I was not happy since my due date is May 5 n I wanted to have a day or two alone with my son before everyone came to fight for his attention. I thought may 14 would b a good time since the baby is guaranteed to be here and I get that time with my son. She got pissed when OH Told her that n said she couldn't come then if it was not May 4

This may not sound too bad but

1. MIL is so baby obsessed that not only does she call my son her new son, she has told me she wouldn't mind keeping my baby for us in north Carolina. Like wtf?!

2. She's very pushy, aggressive and overbearing and I wouldn't want to have to fight with her to hold my own baby

3. I'm only allowed two visitors during birth n labor, alternating is not allowed. She wants to b there for the birth n it kinda scares me because I feel like she's living vicariously through me. I'm actually paranoid that I may catch her trying to breast feed my son....( I may just b paranoid there though,I hope)

4 OH is mad at me because he didn't want to be the bearer of bad news to his mother since I was the one that invited her. But how is that bad news if I didn't even give her a date to even come. That's so rude!

She bought most of our baby furniture and clothes which was quite expensive, so now I feel kinda guilty. Am I being unfair or not thinking logically about taking advantage of MILs help right away during labor and after birth

so this is what i wrote to MIL since shes now ignoring my calls and I had to go through lame FB since that is how she is sending her guilt messages to OH

Hey mom,

I've been trying to call you. I think there's a misunderstanding happening. I want you to be here after Jude is born if you would like, so that not only can you see him but your help as his grandma would be more than appreciated.

I think you coming on or after May 12 would be a great idea so that it guarentees you will see Jude. My LMP date says that he will be due the 12th but his growth sonogram says the 5th. Either way I didnt want you to come before the baby was here and then less time would be spent with him or no time at all if he came late.

Also, the first day or two I would like it if Nick and I spent time with Jude alone sothat we can bond as a first time family. I know I will be tired as well but after carrying him for 40 weeks and laboring, that bonding time means the world to me the first two days.

You and my mother are my number 1 "go to" people . I hope you do consider coming still because we are all hoping and looking forward to that visit. please let me know.

unfortunately her response back was :

It is rather unfortunate that the information was not communicated prior to scheduling my leave in late January. When you asked me to come and help it seems you forgot to state what particular time period you needed me around. I will not be able to change my leave schedule at the current moment. Therefore, I will not be able to to travel to New york on May 12.
Yes, you need to bond and you have all the right to bond. I think you need more than two days to bond. I think it is rather unfair to be there during such a crucial time in your lives. Jude is here to stay and I can see him any other time. Thanks for the offer but It will be impossible to take it. I will be resuming work on the May 13th.

SHE SCHEDULED HER LEAVE BACK IN JANUARY!!!!!! WTF!!!!! and then she wrote this on her Face book

disease, you are a curse. you kill me internally leave me with so much pain, and cause me to be rejected by those I once thought they loved me. I am saddened by the fact nobody asks to be sick. All the same I will cry for today, then I wipe my tears, and live like I lived yesterday. Lord only you can heal me.

I mean like really?!!

Oh my gosh! She is being completely unreasonable! She obviously bought all those things for the baby because she thought it would guarantee her being their for the birth! At the end of the day, you decide who you want there and when you start having visitors as like you said you're going to want that bonding time and time to recover and get back to your old self. Unfortunately, she's gonna have to just except what you and your husband want, she needs to get it that your baby is NOT hers, and she really at this time has NO right to dictate to you when she will visit. I really do feel for you, and I hope she backs off soon! My exes family were exactly the same, so involved and overbearing it does drive you mad :(

what did you end up doing about ex's parents??

Its sooo hard trying not to curse her ass out.
I was soo ready to give in so I wouldnt have to deal with this. But she seems to be off a bit and that means I may have to show her that when i say something, i mean something.

ugh i hate confrontation.

UR right,I felt liek she tried to buy a ticket into the birth. iw as seriously looking for the consequence of her buying all these gifts for Jude would be. I knew it was gonna come up eventually

Well my ex has nothing to do with me or his baby (his choice) so I kind of had a lucky escape in a way! lol.

Aaah, it must be hard trying to keep quiet and keep the peace although I bet eventually you will say something. Could ur other half not have another word with her? Say she is more than welcome to be there after the birth but during you'd BOTH rather it just be you and ur hubby? Birth is an intimate thing, she should really understand this!

I've stuck to my guns and OH and I have not budged about her coming down for the labor and so she has kept to her stubborness and refuses to come down. Oh well.......

One of the ladies here on BnB posted this : (i thought it was hilarious) When OH's mom saw it she thought i wrote it for her. so she wrote OH that she wants nothign to do with me and how I'm such a rude woman and a bad mother already....

dear non-pregnant person,

i hope you find these guidelines helpful in your interactions with pregnant women, as failing to follow them may result in serious physical harm. If you are thinking, surely she doesn’t mean me – then you should probably read this twice.

1. The appropriate response to a couple telling you they are having a baby is ‘congratulations!’ with enthusiasm. Any other response makes you a jerk.

2. Through the wonders of science, we now know that babies are made only by the mother and father – not grandparents. Unless the baby is in your uterus or you are the man that helped put it there, you may not ever use the phrase ‘my baby’.

3. On the same note, unless you made the baby as defined in 2, the pregnancy, birth, and raising of the child are not about you. You do not have input. No one wants to hear your opinion unless they ask for it…

4. The body of a pregnant woman should be treated the same as any other body. You would not randomly touch someone’s stomach if they were not pregnant, nor would you inquire into the condition of their uterus, cervix, or how they plan to use their breasts. Pregnancy does not remove all traces of privacy from a woman.

5. Likewise, no woman wants to hear comments on her weight…ever. A pregnant woman does not find it flattering that you think she is about is pop, must be having twins, looks swollen or has gained weight in her face. Telling her she looks too small only makes her worry that she is somehow starving her baby. Making such comments invite her to critique your physical appearance and you may not act offended. The only acceptable comment on appearance is ‘you look fabulous!’.

6. By the time we are 20-30 years old, most of us have picked up on the fact that the summer is hot. We are hot every summer when we are not pregnant. We don’t need you to point out that we will be miserably hot before the baby comes. Nor do we need to know how badly you will feel for us because we will be pregnant during the summer and how glad you are that you will not be pregnant this coming summer.

7. There is a reason that tickets to labor & delivery are not yet sold on ticketmaster. Childbirth is actually not a public event. It may sound crazy, but some women really do not relish the idea of their mother, mil, or a host of other family members seeing their bare butt and genitals. Also, some people simply feel like the birth of their child is a private and emotional moment to be shared only by the parents. You weren’t invited to be there when the baby was created, you probably won’t be invited to be there when it comes out either.

8. Like everything else in life, unless you receive an invitation, you are not invited. This includes doctor appointments, ultrasounds, labor, delivery, the hospital, and the parent’s home. You do not decide if you will be there for the birth or if you will move in with the new parents to ‘help out’. If your assistance is desired, rest assured that you will be asked for it.

9. If you are asked to help after the birth, this means you should clean up the house, help with cooking meals, and generally stay out of the way. Holding the baby more than the parents, interfering with breastfeeding and sleeping schedules, and making a woman who is still leaking fluid from multiple locations lift a finger in housework is not helping.

10. The only people entitled to time with the baby are the parents. Whether they choose to have you at the hospital for the birth or ask for you to wait three weeks to visit, appreciate that you are being given the privilege of seeing their child. Complaining or showing disappointment only encourages the parents to include you less.

Sincerely,
all the pregnant women in the world

I thought it was dead on and freakin hilarious

Oh my god, that is brilliant! Couldn't of put it better myself, that is all so true!

Further down the line, but I'm the 26th :thumbup: There's so little of us May mummies!

I know! But I spose it's good in a way, makes us that more special :p lol. Congrats btw!

I know! But I spose it's good in a way, makes us that more special :p lol. Congrats btw!

Lmao! I'm actually proud to b a may mommy. Unfortunately this little boy makes me think I won't make it to may 1 and that actually is quite disappointing. I like the sound of a may baby. Sounds cheery.

LOL same! May is the start of nice weather etc, well here in England it is lol. Do you think you'll have him early hun? I had a false alarm yesterday, could of sworn i was going into labour :( but nope, nothing ha

I think there's a good chance... I want to meet this little boy that uses my bladder like his own personal punchin bag but at the same time its so close its too surreal that I can't imagine actually being a mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->