any mummys with add/adhd children advice appreciated :-)

lauralou25

mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
Hello im just after a little advice/help if thats ok :)
I have a little boy who will be 6 in a few weeks time, basically when i went to parents evening about 5 months ago the teacher brought up the subject of my son and his concentration/ behaviour in school which i also noticed had changed at home too i met with one of the teachers in school a few weeks ago to fill out a score sheet to refer him to the school nurse who will then refer him to a child development center to assess him anyway at school he is constantly fidgeting,shouting out,poking/distracting other children,he is loud in class he cant be left alon at carpet time as he gets distracted so easily and ends up being silly, he innterupts the teachers conversations etc he has to be constantly reminded to do things at home he is the same always loud and hypo i constantly have to remind him to do things he gets bored easily when he does homework if he makes a minor mistake he scrunches it up and gets in a huff as he thinks hes ruined his work he talks soooo loud im surprised the whole street cant hear him hes constantly interrupting me when im on the phone or having a conversation with his dad and recently hes started shouting out a particular word just randomly he keeps shouting out "yeah" they only time he is occupied is when hes doing a physical activity ie at the park,out on the trampoline or playing football or when i take him to soft play etc im just at my wits end :( he has not been formally diagnosed yet as i know it can take months but i just feel so guilty for him like its my fault i caused him to be acting like this :( i just find that as the days go on im slowly loosing more and more of my patience with him and i just dont know who to turn to i feel like my precious boy has just switched and changed in the last 6 months im so stressed out with it at the moment its causing arguments with me and my oh!!
Anyone with any advise/wisdom or anyone to get something done quicker or even ure own storys would really help right about now

Has anything happened in his personal life that could have caused him to be upset and cause a change in his behaviour? xx

No i dont think so i had a baby 3 months ago but he loves his baby brother thats the only change in him really but i dont think that would cause it?

Congrats on your little baby :D I bet he loves his brother so much but sometimes they can kind of attention seek and it can come out as bad behaviour.
Did it start during your pregnancy you say? Maybe he felt a little left out. It's not your fault whatever the cause but it is so normal to feel as you do.
Does he have any other symptoms you have noticed? Sleep problems, lying etc? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->