Any mums with Epilepsy?

kaylajade.x

Reaction score
Hi :hi:

Was just wondering if there are any mums out there with epilepsy and how they deal with there epilepsy as well as being a mum.

I'm currently 21weeks pregnant and on AEDs to control it but of course there's still that risk of fitting. So far the pregnancy's been fine so fingers crossed it stays that way but I am worried how it would effect my parenting... if it does at all. I know other people with epilepsy but none have children so nobody else to really talk about it with. So far having epilepsy hasn't stopped me living a normal life but now it's just not me I have to worry about.

Any feedback would be appreciated.... Thank you in advance :hugs:

x

Hi, I have epilepsy too and have 4 children. Mine is absense seizures which thankfully are well controlled but I do get warning if 1 is coming:thumbup: It doesnt really affect my life in anyway, I guess the only downside is not being allowed to drive. Mine did worsen during pregnancy unfortunately but you do get closely monitored. Any questions feel free to ask:hugs:

Thanks so much for replying, I too get warning signs so I am able to lie myself down or tell people what's about to happen. I completely forgot about the whole no driving thing but that's not to big a deal. So far during pregnancy it's been ok but I am worried about whether I could handle labour.

But I'm happy that it has no major impact on your life as a parent that's so reassuring to hear :). It's nice to have somebody to talk to. :hugs:

x

You'll be very closely monitored during labour hun:hugs: The tiredness and hormones of labour can trigger seizures and be careful after birth to have your neurologist monitor your med dosage as your weight goes down the dosage should be adjusted:thumbup:

The warning is invaluable, I'm glad you know when one is coming too:hugs: I can say that no car is interesting her in San Diego, nobody really walks here lol so keeps me fit walking huge distances between places:haha: I used to live in the UK and no car was alot easier:thumbup: Any other questions feel free to ask:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->