Any Non-Gestational Moms-to-Be out there?

KelleyNJen

Mama to KJ
Reaction score
Hi every one let me Introduce myself. My name is Kelley (44) and my Wife (35) is pregnant with our first child, due 3/26/13. I have two adult children from a previous relationship that I carried but it has always been my wife's dream to be pregnant and have a child. So we have embarked on this journey together.

A little bit about us. She is the one who is pregnant, I am the one who is the (as Leah so eloquently put it) is the conception guru. I charted temps, chose the donor, researched every single detail of conception methods, tips, procedures, drugs, etc. We are using donor sperm from a bank.

As I said I have had 2 children that I carried but being on this side of the fence has its own unique experiences and challenges. It would be great to find other Non-gestational moms out there to share this experience with.

Hello!!!!

My wife is carrying our first baby and is due on 23/3/13!

We used a private donor and ICI method, we're so lucky she fell pregnant on our first cycle!

Hello!!!!

My wife is carrying our first baby and is due on 23/3/13!

We used a private donor and ICI method, we're so lucky she fell pregnant on our first cycle!

Welcome MummyPony! How is your wife feeling? Any new symptoms?

She's getting a bump! Have to get some maternity trousers this weekend as hers don't fit anymore already!!!!

Other symptoms nausea, tiredness, very emotional and hungry. She's getting a lot of cramps or what she describes as baby stretching!! V. Cute! Can't beleive about now baby will have a heartbeat!!!! So amazing!

Going for our first GP appointment this afternoon :)

How's your wife? How are you?

Wife is doing well, no bump yet but she is cranky, emotional, boobs hurt and getting the baby stretching too. We went and looked at maternity clothes but she is kind of on the boyish side ( on the outside anyway, underneath she is all girly) so she turned her nose up at all of them. So I will probably end up getting her some over sized men's shirts and making maternity pants out of regular jeans. I also found a cute site, cafe press online that has a bunch of lesbian maternity shirts. So maybe I will get her a few of those.

Awww cute! I'll check out the shirts :)

My wife is all Girly so maternity clothes right up her alley! We got a cute I love my bump top from mothercare that's pink and she can't wait to wear it proudly!

I didn't do much an intro do hmmm let me
See

I'm Katy(27) wife is Catherine but shortened to Cat -(26) bizarrely we have the same middle name Victoria! I work in insurance and she works in Social Services.

Although we met our donor he won't have any part in bringing up our baby!

I'm in practical mode so buying stuff and thinking about decoratIng the nursery (hope our landlord lets us!) I'm finding some awesome deals for second hand items which is fun as I'm an eBay addict!

My nickname for baby is wigglemunch and I can't wait to meet them!

Do you have any name ideas? We like George for a boy and Flora for a girl :)

Hello Katy & Cat!

I am Kelley (44) and my wife is Jen (35) I have 2 children who are (I am going to sound old now ) your age. I have a daughter 27 and son 22. This will be Jen's first child.

I work in the legal/social service fields and I am a full time student is well. Jen works in the legal field. We are planning to buy a house soon but may stay her a while longer so we can afford for her to stay home with the baby fora while.

If we have a boy we will name him Justin and if it is a girl she will be a Kelley Jr.

I will be honest, having to grown children it took me a while to come to the decision to have another child, but now that we are here I am super excited.

Hey MummyPony! How is the wife doing? Anymore symptoms? Not much going on here except the boobs are filling out. Goes for her second beta Tuesday so waiting to see what those #s are going to be. Have you guys gotten your betas yet?

Hi all,

Not exactly a non gestational mum to be but a non gestational mom! Stalking so if there's anything you want to know of what to expect don't be shy and ask. Our little man is now 6 months old and what an amazing 6 months it's been xx

Hi kezza! Thanks for stopping by :)
We're 5+1 today :) hoping everything's ok, it's so unnerving having to wait so long until you get a scan or any reassurance! Feel very left on our own!

We felt like that and the scan date seemed to ages to come along!!! Try and keep busy. I think I'm friends with your wife on FB.

Hi Keeza & Welcome!

I Am so glad you are stopping in and checking on us :thumbup: I am sure we will have questions!!! Congrats on your little boy!

Hi ladies. Just making sure my space is still reserved. :)

Hey Pony! How are things with the wife? Tooth better? Any new symptoms? My DW is having major boob expansion. Got a couple of New stretch marks on them. She still has a bit of cramping but it is getting better. Now she just feels chronically bloated. Oh yeah and a bit cranky.

Leah! One SMEP down! And sending truckloads of baby dust your way. I agree with MummyPony's suggestion on the vibrator on equivalent. I laid next to DW and tell her erotic stories. (writing them is a hobby of mine) and let her take care of business the last time we did it at home.

Here is another tip a friend of mine gave us. Hold her legs In the air after. I laughed when she told me that but we did it this month and it worked.

Helloooo!!! Ooooh ticker has changed! We have a sweetpea!!

Wife's tooth is getting better, still sore but I think the infection is going. Last time she has it her gums were sore for a while. Here's hoping its gone!

She is now on her lower dose medication to gradually come off it. We won't know for a few days how she responds to that as it takes a while to come out of her system. Fingers crossed she can manage, shes being really brave and strong about it :)

Symptom wise it's just the sickness. Nausea has taken on a whole new meaning in our house! She is sooooo sick. She can only eat dry crackers right now, she was up at about 2am with crackers and water :(

Hey girls!
Out Internet has been down for two days due to a malfunctioning router. We finally got our new router yesterday so today I am catching up on all the boards.

MummyPony how when I is your first scan? I hope your wife's Morning sickness does not last too long. With my DD it was only a few weeks or when I ate fried food. With DS it was they entire pregnancy. I found if I stuck to high protein, skipped fried, fatty food and drank mint or ginger tea it helped. Lemons also helped but they can do terrible things to your teeth while pregnant, so if she is a lemon eater remind her to brush her teeth. She should do this every time she gets sick too, out at least rinse with a mouthwash. I think people forget the changes in your gums during pregnancy. But then with her seeing a dentist her is probably telling her all of this.

Leah, I know it feels silly with the legs but it is even sillier at a doctors office while she is on the table. But what ever it takes. One of my friends had it done an hour away from home and rode home all the way laying in the back of the car with her feet on the roof of the car. It is all worth it is the end.

Ok I have to go route out my work and get going on this lovely saturday morning. Hope everyone is doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->